What Would You Guys Do?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
so i have this situation.
Imagine this....
you have a computer (mainly the computer i have in the sig) and you want to upgrade. The board Supports Crossfire, and you want to run crossfire sometime in your life. You have $250 to spend on the computer for now, and get about $40 a month a allowance. To be able to run crossfire, you would need to buy 2 Cards, one now, and one later, but you will also need to buy a power supply that will supply enough power. When you get the card, you want to run vista, but want to have another 2 gb to be added (equal up to 4 gb of ram) so you could run smoothly when playing games.
Would you guys try and go through with crossfire?
or just get a single card, and never go on crossfire in this board due to budget?

I wouldn't bother doing crossfire on a budget...

high end gaming systems are pretty much just that, high end.

you're never going to achieve what you really want with a limited budget,

best advice, if you do follow through with this.
buy the PSU first, if all else fails you can happily take this with you to a new system
then get the ram.
then the 1st card, then the second.

by the time you get to the last step of actually buying the cards you're going to have figured out how long it's taken you to get that far, and how much milage is left in your system and make a better choice about it them, since you don't really know how far in the future it'll be.

I agree. It is oft better to get one higher performance card than two that are lesser cards.

yeah IMO crossfire and SLI are only for very top computers,

from some research and my general findings i estimate you get a 30% increase in graphical performance in SLI thats why every1 will say 1 card is better than 2 for the same price, and the reason dual cards were made is to get that extra 30% is because its for high end builds yes so lets say you buy a 3870X2 and you want to go faster than that well theres not alot you can do becasue lets say a faster card doesnt exist so they bodge it so you buy another 3870X2 put em together and have 130% graphical performance

im probably wayyyyyyyy off but thats my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom