what would you do?

libraryguy

Beta member
This is a graphics card question.

I recently built for a friend a new online gaming pc. She only plays Wow & Star Wars Old Republic.

The system I put together for her is a

Gigabyte GA-A55M-DS2 FM1
APU is the A4-3400 2.5Ghz
The built in graphics is a AMD Radeon 6450, I've dedicated a 1Gb of RAM to graphics.
8Gb of Gskill RAM.
2Tb Hard drive, & Bluray burner/player
stand built in sound and so on.
Windows 7 64bit of course, & made sure all the latest drivers were installed.

Her complaint is that she can't max out all the settings in her 2 games. Which I can understand her wanting to do so.

Here's my delema. I can purchase another 6450 card which in turn will work with the existing built in chipset to increase performance by crossfire method according to the mobo manual. I'm just not sure if it'll give enough of a boost. I was thinking of this model.

MSI R6450-MD2GD3/LP Radeon HD 6450 Graphic Card - 625 MHz Core - 2 GB DDR3 SDRAM - PCI Express 2.1 x16Low-profile - R6450MD2GD3LP - Graphics Cards - MSI Graphics Cards - TheNerds.net

Or I can obviously just purchase a more powerful Nvidia/AMD graphics card and by pass the built in 1 entirely.

So, what would you do?

I would probably go for the second option. Just less of an efford.

What I was wondering when I read this. I haven't seen those games in a while. But WoW being quite and older one I was wondering how she wouldn't be able to max out since it worked on much slower machines years ago?

Back
Top Bottom