What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But at the same time since it is contract it can end early. Which means if the job gets done early he could only be workign for 6 months. Then he would have left a good job to make jsut as much as he would have. Yeah it would be a year salary in 6 months but Contract jobs do not look that appealing on a Resume as you might think.

It actually looks worse cause you have so many jobs with shorter lengths of time. My bro in law is a Envirometal Cleanup and Saftey person. He works for HazMat and all that. But yet he has a resume that is at least 10 pages long cause of the contract jobs he has done over the years. That doesnt look that great that he has a job for 6 months then unemployed for the winter cause it is hard to work when the ground is frozen.

So as you see there are down sides to this. Granted this situation is different but as you see from what i jsut said you can have a bad side to it. Many employers wont look kindly upon being at a job for 6 Months. Even i fyou put that it was a contract job.

Also while you say "Man i should have gone for that" it could also go "Man why did i take that job?".

Not trying to push you away Osiris. But being a contract job there are many more factors to take into account. The length is the major one. While you can make good money now. When the job is over that is it. No more money and no job. Could be 6 months could be 6 years.

"Man why did i take that job?".
I've had a couple of those. ::shudder::

I didn't even think about the length part of it. Yeah, that would be a very important consideration. And Mak is right about the resume part... perm employment looks way better than contract work. Contract work is looked at like being a temp; yeah, you were there, but they didn't plan on keeping you around.

If you plan on using the job as a springboard into bigger and better things, it might be worth it even if it isn't for a long duration.

Lots to think about. Sucks to be you right now. ;)

Hard one to call, mi amigo. Did you find out what your repayment schedule would be? I was wondering it they would want a lump sum or payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom