what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I'm in a neighboring state, I've never met someone from PA or OH that could really drive. Okay, I'm just kidding there. There's people in this state that can't drive worth anything. I should have added KY and TN. LoL!

Be safe!

Dave :D

Hey hey hey now.....don't be cracking on us down here. We do just fine driving our tractors and combines on the highway.

Hey hey hey now.....don't be cracking on us down here. We do just fine driving our tractors and combines on the highway.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b52SDopaMZY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b52SDopaMZY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

In MY opinion, the first thing you should work on is that "on only speed when I'm ______....".. I know some people like that, and to be honest, I don't think they should be driving. Don't drive angry. simple as that.... If you are driving angry, you are probably pre-occupied with whatever is on your mind, and less focused on the task at hand.... When you plow into the minivan killing a family's children, what will your response be? "Sorry, I was angry cause of _____"... Sure, you might think it's a one in a million chance, but it only takes that one time. Think about how it would be if the roles were reversed.

There are ALOT of bad drivers out here in Chicago. It seems like a lot when I drive with other people, they get frustrated alot, "that jerk just pulled out in front of me" or "He just cut me off!".... It's like people get tunnel vision and focus on their lane only, and only 30 feet in front of the car, I just don't get it. Not ONCE have I been in the car with a friend and agreed that they were 'cut off', or anything like that..... I saw it coming from a ways away.... use the mirrors, watch side traffic, periferral vision people.... use it. lol. You see a car closing on you quickly in another lane, and there is an opening in front of you, get ready to have him pull into that opening.... watch for signals, watch's peoples heads for them to look before changing lanes.... Maybe I have a supernatural ability to read the moves of a vehicle before they happen, or maybe I just pay attention...... [/rant].... whoops,. lol.

Anyways.... As mentioned, driving is a privelage, not a right. Getting angry at the instructors/testers/whatever and letting that manafest iteslf by flooring it, or driving recklessly is just a bad move. You think after a stunt like that when you go back they will go back and not remember it? What happens if you get the same guy again?

Driving & the tests were so easy for me. I got 100% on the written, and passed the driving with flying colors. Have only been driving for about 9 years (7 on a license, 2 on permit), and no accidents (knock on wood).

i failed my test the first time and was wicked ****ed about it because i yielded over a set of train tracks and was supposed to come to a complete stop. i was uber ****ed about the whole thing, but i got over it, and went to a different place because i was angry about it. the first thing i did on my second try was floor it on my moms turbo car, just out of pure nervousness, the guy was really nice though and understood that a lot of kids get nervous when they drive with someone they don't know for the first time.

i ended up getting my license which i was really happy about, (92/100 driving test) and have had my license for a little over 8 months. i've been pulled over once but didn't get ticketed, but i learned my lesson and only do a bit over now. got pulled over for 70 in a 35, but it was an intrastate highway and nobody has ever gone 35 on it in the history of the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom