What would you do if your best friend turned out to be the Antichrist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, first off, watch your language. And next, who are you talking to? Obviously religion is allowed or this thread would've never started in the first place...

Marriage is generalized as a man and a woman because of Christianity, that's why homosexuals marrying seems "weird".

Man, Christianity has caused lots of problems... But why (Besides what the bible says) should gayness be shunned upon?

Because it's some kind of "punishment" for sinning. At least that's what I think it is.

Christianity isn't bad or anything, but it's really been taken to an extreme and should be separated from the state.

jac006 said:
Yeah, I agree. Homo's are people... but.... marriage is defined almost universally as man and woman... I know that this is controversial, but, as a man who likes women, I can't see how marriage can be between two people of the same sex. Of course they have the right to do whatever they want, but marriage is something that's a little out of bounds. No, the world isn't going to end because they are living together, but, as far as marriage is concerned, I feel that gay's can live together just fine. Although you use private information, I know some people that are gay that are quite violent, and some that are quite peaceful.... it just depends. You can't use a sweeping generilzation or a hasty generilization for all the gay's in the world. Just because you know some gay's that are nice doesn't mean that they are all like that. You know that, right?

Going back on topic, there is actually some archealogical evidence of things that happened in the Bible. For example, in Sodom and Gommora, a woman turned into a pillar of salt. When scientists went there and searched for clues, they found this massive Na (chemistry symbol) sturcture (salt). Coincidence? Also, when Abraham hit a rock and water flowed from it, scientists went back to the place and, where there was no water around for many many miles, there was this place on this one rock where there was evidence of a past stream that had flowed only on that rock. Kinda wierd huh? As there are plenty of versions of the Bible, I cannot disagree. Of course. They are there for different people. Teenage bibles, old english bibles, etc. They're just there for different types of people. But the main story and everything pretty much has stayed the same for thousands of years.... yeah...

In some ways I agree,
Marrage is meant to be sacred, between a man an a woman, a declaration of some kind of love and commitment, but in modern terms it's not so much a declaration of commitment, but a legal document, married couples have different rights and access to different things, by denying same sex marrages you're denying gays and lesbians access to rights that others are easily allowed,
IMHO, I don't think that gay marrige should be brought before God in a church, since the bibble is against that, but it should be allowed to be registered, so a legal marrige that give 'them' access to the same rights that straight couples are allowed.

The part about soddem and gommora was great with the exception that Na is the chemical symbol for Sodium, it's be NaCl for sodium chloride, (Salt).

and the stream, stream happen all over the place, there is sometimes no real logic for where watterways start of finnish, it's entierly possible that this pillar of salt, and the stream that came from it is nothing more than an underground spring, that chose to surface there, (possibly because the composition of the land was salt that water can pass through easily, as oppose to rock which water cannot pasthrough easily...

Now, I'm not intending to offend anyones beliefs here, but you must all realise that religion, and bibbles, torahs, and many other religios books are just story books, there are written to ease the human mind and to answer burning questions like where did we come from, they set down a guidance for life, (like the ten commandments), and to make sure we follow the rules they offer grave punishments. (like eternal hell).

Religious debate, IS (as far as I am aware) allowed on this forum, provided that, it does not turn into a flame war, (everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but some opinions perhaps should not be voiced, and provided that you don't use it as some kind of excuse to victimise others, normally we (the moderators) and david will watch these highly emotive debates and lock them if they get out of hand.

I took the decision to close this thread, as I said earlier, it's not to do with the subject matter, it was started because Parodox thought of it
when he was half asleep [unquote]
Fifteen posts in the first day, nothing in the last three days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom