what would you do if you were webmaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! A multiple choice poll.

But you left out "All of the above" and "None of the above".

I would have chosen both of those options too. :D

If I was webmaster i would tell all the complainers who keep telling me everything that is wrong with my forum to take it or leave it. And also ask them to show me their successful forums.
or you could google around and find all the successful ones (that are more successful than cf) offer a lot more in terms of features than cf does.
just saying...

Personally I hate large forums with thousands and thousands of active members. I hate posting and then next time you log on your post is 5 pages back. I prefer small forums like this where everyone knows who everyone else is. I probably wouldn't be here if this forum was like that. It always makes me laugh when people go on about these other huge successful forums with 100 million members being so great and so much better because they have homepages and pics in sigs and gold plated buttons and how this place needs to be more like that...........yet they spend all their time here. Isn't it ironic.....

yeah once is probably enough though. And it's probably gone beyond feedback and suggestions ...a 'Final decision for CF Homepage' poll for example.

Exactly. Three threads about this stuff in what, a week? If it wasn't done after the first what makes you think a second and third in a small period of time would work?

Personally I hate large forums with thousands and thousands of active members. I hate posting and then next time you log on your post is 5 pages back. I prefer small forums like this where everyone knows who everyone else is. I probably wouldn't be here if this forum was like that. It always makes me laugh when people go on about these other huge successful forums with 100 million members being so great and so much better because they have homepages and pics in sigs and gold plated buttons and how this place needs to be more like that...........yet they spend all their time here. Isn't it ironic.....
same here, but more features will make it a better experience for us existing members and new members will be more likely to stay. i dont think a few new pages will turn cf into a huge forum with 1000's of active members. it will take a lot more than that. i just think a good website should be updated/added to.

but more features will make it a better experience for us existing members and new members will be more likely to stay.

Would it? some of the things that are being proposed (like the home page) would turn me away from the site. Judging by the polls, I'm not alone.

personally i agree with what Lowndsey had to say about big forums. just today i posted a problem that i had with my computer in here and in another "big" forum. Within an hour my post was at page two with no replies and only 9 view. when i posted the same problem here i got an responds within like 15 mins.

Would it? some of the things that are being proposed (like the home page) would turn me away from the site. Judging by the polls, I'm not alone.
it works well on setishocks forum for example (i think its his, "CV"). i never said i was fixed on the idea of having a homepage and then a link to the forum, but maybe the other way around. in fact it doesnt have to be called the "homepage". just more like a portal type page, which would feature a list of downloads, all the reviews off here, etc. would be a nice archive for stuff instead of dumping it all in posts around the forum. instead of that we could just update all the links at the top of each page linking to the reviews, etc.

yes but then judging by the polls there are a lot of people that would like the idea of a home page i think it was 50-50 but david didnt agree with having a home page

personally i think we should have a sticky FAQ for things in the suggestions area , i mean i agree people are completely allowed to make suggestions and there is nothing wrong with that however it annoys me when i see 3 threads about making a homepage thingy all with polls . i dont think there should be polls because this isnt a democracy it its Davids forum and decisions are made by him soo even if the poll is 100 to 1 in favour of something he dosent have any obligation to add that feature or make that change and thats the way it is . sure he can give us our say but i

i think in future you make a thread about a suggestion wait for david to reply and if he dosent reply after a week or so email/pm him regarding the thread and attract his attention to it then he should give his thought and close the thread . thats the only thing i think could be more desirable around here David giving more feedback on suggestion at least that way everyone will know his stance on things and the same question wont need to be asked over and over again . and besides i dont think thats his fault he is a busy man and im sure he has other priorities CF being among them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom