What was your first Album \ CD you bought - or Downloaded ..

The first album I owned was Sam's Town by The Killers. I've only owned about 5 albums in total. It's all digital song downloads since.

Bought: Van Canto's "Hero".
Downloaded: No idea, it was about 15 years ago :p Could've been a Queen album.

One of my mums is a computing lecturer. I've internet in one form or another for as long as I can remember.

I had internet in 98 maybe sooner. Seriously I'm not joking. Maybe sooner than that. I remember the days of AOL. Freeserve and Dial up. I bought my first computer with 98SE on it. I remember downgrading to 95 for security, after being like 12 and looking at all the online hacktavists Web Sites. I used to serf the internet in the early hours when everyone was in bed. Looking at as much Frankie as I could find at that age out of curiosity.

I also remember the Anchorists Cook Book by Jolly Roger. I'm not sure what that was truly about except blowing stuff up but man it sucked hard.

We got dialup when I was about 10, and broadband when I was 15. Ahh the memories...waiting 1 hour for a low res pic of a topless lady to download line by line :p and then trying to hide the auto-complete results in Ask Jeeves by typing random search queries on top. Didn't know how to clear cache -_- XD

You had internet in 2001? ...
Why is this surprising? I've had internet in one form or another since 1986 when I was a Beta tester for the Prodigy online service with my trusty 1200bps modem!

Prodigy was the first online service to offer a graphical user interface, other online services were strictly text based. This all pre-dated the WWW.

Last edited:
The first album I ever bought was Back Street Boys 2nd album Backstreet Back. I was about 9
Good memories

Back
Top Bottom