What was your first Album \ CD you bought - or Downloaded ..

MillField

Daemon Poster
The first album I owned was Sam's Town by The Killers. I've only owned about 5 albums in total. It's all digital song downloads since.

Yami

Lady Techie
Bought: Van Canto's "Hero".
Downloaded: No idea, it was about 15 years ago :p Could've been a Queen album.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
One of my mums is a computing lecturer. I've internet in one form or another for as long as I can remember.

I had internet in 98 maybe sooner. Seriously I'm not joking. Maybe sooner than that. I remember the days of AOL. Freeserve and Dial up. I bought my first computer with 98SE on it. I remember downgrading to 95 for security, after being like 12 and looking at all the online hacktavists Web Sites. I used to serf the internet in the early hours when everyone was in bed. Looking at as much Frankie as I could find at that age out of curiosity.

I also remember the Anchorists Cook Book by Jolly Roger. I'm not sure what that was truly about except blowing stuff up but man it sucked hard.

S0ULphIRE

Golden Master
We got dialup when I was about 10, and broadband when I was 15. Ahh the memories...waiting 1 hour for a low res pic of a topless lady to download line by line :p and then trying to hide the auto-complete results in Ask Jeeves by typing random search queries on top. Didn't know how to clear cache -_- XD

strollin

Knowitall!
You had internet in 2001? ...
Why is this surprising? I've had internet in one form or another since 1986 when I was a Beta tester for the Prodigy online service with my trusty 1200bps modem!

Prodigy was the first online service to offer a graphical user interface, other online services were strictly text based. This all pre-dated the WWW.

Last edited:

krazyq

krazy Techie
The first album I ever bought was Back Street Boys 2nd album Backstreet Back. I was about 9
Good memories

Top Bottom