What type of wire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I have this dvd player that comes with an LCD screen, and I was wondering how can I use the LCD screen by itself...maybe with my computer. It's a small 7". But the s-video like wire is different...one end has 8 pins instead of a traditional 4 pin s-video, and the other end is some like a power and headphone jack...
Here are the inputs of the LCD:

untitled.jpg

The s-video type looks like this:

untitled-1.jpg

Is it possible to go out of my graphic card via s-video, in somehow with this other type of s-video?

Re:

Hello,

Your graphics card has S-VIDEO output, and your 7" LCD has only an AV input, right?

You need an S-VIDEO to RCA (also known as Composite) cable:

comp%20to%20svideo%20cable.jpg

The S-VIDEO end plugs into your graphics card, and the RCA / Composite end plugs into your LCD monitor. You can get both 4-pin and 8-pin S-VIDEO versions.

I'm still confused though...

b1gapl said:
...But the s-video like wire is different...one end has 8 pins instead of a traditional 4 pin s-video, and the other end is some like a power and headphone jack...

...Is this a wire that came with your DVD player, and you're asking if you can use this wire to hook your PC up to the 7" LCD?

If so, then the answer is no, because the cable you described (S-VIDEO like cable with a headphone jack and power like plug, which might actually be RCA) sounds like an adapted cable for use with specifically connecting the DVD player & LCD together.

Yes this wire did come with the dvd player, and I was asking if theres anyway to connect this LCD to the computer. I have an S-Video to RCA cable but the RCA doesn't fit into the AV input of the LCD.

Re:

b1gapl said:
Yes this wire did come with the dvd player, and I was asking if theres anyway to connect this LCD to the computer. I have an S-Video to RCA cable but the RCA doesn't fit into the AV input of the LCD.

Okies. Sorry wrong cable :p. Is the RCA too big for the AV socket on the LCD monitor?

Picture's kinda fuzzy :rolleyes: ...does the socket have spacing around the outside of the metal loop, or does the socket only have a void in the middle?

The input of the AV socket looks like that off a headphone jack..there is no spacing outside of the metal loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom