what truck would be best for offroad

OK, scratch the Jeep. sold already...
As for the axles I didn't honestly think of that, I shall check into it tomorrow and report back... On the bright side I'm in no great hurry here, just I wouldn't mind a 4x4 for having a little fun with

Depends on what kind of offroading again. Jeeps use a dana 28, a tooth pick for an axle. So if you are going anywhere where there are rocks and stuff, it could be ruff...

One more thing I thought of, does the 85 have a solid front rear axle?? The 77 does I'm pretty sure. Solid axles area always better. Which is where the jeep would be nice, unless you are going somewhere with rocks. I think the F-250 would use a Dana 60 or something? And the 150 maybe a 44? I can't remember the numbers... Arizzx would know.
The F-150's probably had a run of the mill Ford 9" rear end, and the F-250 probably a Dana 60.

And superman, don't Jeep Wrangler's have a Dana 44? I know the Cherokee's do. I would not have thought they'd put something like a Dana 22/35 in a Wrangler. That's what they put in Ranger's, Bronco's and Aerostar Vans, extremely light duty.

Oh and Winslow, 351 Windsor FTMFW. That '77 would look awesome lifted. Just go to a junkyard and find a bed for it and a starter and you'll be all set. You'll have to go over everything and make sure it's in good shape of course. Especially stuff like the driveshaft u-joints. There's nothing worse than braking something when you are bumper deep in mud....lol

Back
Top Bottom