what should i upgrade?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
so now i am running vista, and the graphics card took 767 mb of system ram to be shared, so not my graphics card is 1.2gb.
i dont what to upgrade.
either the processor, or put 2 more gb of ram.
On vista, my processor got 5.1 rating, and the rest got 5.9, except for my HDD, which got a 5.3
which one will increase my performance more?
or should i get the ram now, and upgrade to a phenom when the price goes down?
thanks in advance

to be honest, 2GB of ram is enough. unless you're doing something other than gaming. right now what i would do, is try to get ahold of another harddrive that matches your current drive. OR better yet buy a couple new 80gigs and put them in RAID0. the performance will be awesome as much as vista uses the harddrive.

if i am going to be playing games, going online, watch videos, listen to music, etc.
how much of a performance gain will i get from RAID0?
from what i heard its only about 10%-15% is that worth spending $50 on?
i cant seem to find another 120gb Sata 3.0, theres only 80gb and 160gb

"MSI K9A2 CF\AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+\XMS2 2 GB DDR2\SATA Seagate 120 GB HDD\SATA Samsung 200 GB HDD\SATA Western Digital 160 GB\eVGA 8800GT\Xion 450 Watt (trying to get Antec Basiq 500W)
SSBB FC:3179-5899-2066"

you wanna upgrade? you realize you don't have to (if you think thats low-end at all, you're spoiled as hell, look at my sig). The 4800+ is a great processor, very powerful. not as powerful as the 6000+ but quite close.

processor upgrade = Phenom 9600/9700 w/e
memory upgrade = 8GB DDR2
hard drive = whatever the hell you want, if you need it even...
card = HD4870 if you wanna be able to max everything till february/march of 2009. HD4850 if you wanna max everything now and play everything on high until february/march of next year.

if theres anything to upgrade, it'd be the processor and the memory. The memory is probably more important, for most tasks at least.

the video card doesnt really need an upgrade at all as its 75-80% the power of the HD4850 (which is still quite good for something so cheap these days).

yea if you're just a typical user as i am, playing cod4 nothin really intensive, then 2gigs is fine.

i would HIGHLY recommend the raid, i really would. idk where you got 10-15% but i've ran HDtach on my raid setup and my read/write is 5-6gb/s. essentially double as it should be, and being able to run programs while vista is indexing or updating is a big plus and you will notice a difference.

so right now, the only upgrade i would recommend is to RAID...

@ umake, why would he need 8gb?? he hardly uses 1gb surfing the web... nobody needs over 4gb unless you're a video editor or something of that nature. and a phenom is not worth it atm. my E8400 overclocked performs BETTER than a phenom 9850. for gaming and everyday computing dual core is more than sufficient. quad in his situation simply isnt needed nor is 8gb.

That 8GB of RAM Memory is a little bit unnecessary

thats very true. I am running Vista with 4 Gigs of ram right now, and it usually won't use up more then 2 gigs...therefore its leaving 2 gigs free....so putting 8 gigs of ram...will be enough for years and years to come.

i kinda want to have 3gb to be able to play games and be able to sometimes open up itunes without lowering the graphics.
The processor because... i dont know, why, maybe i should just OC it instead....
i'll consider the RAID0.
i dont think my computer is low end, my computer is pretty much better than everybody i know (in my life, not people online). I just want some opinions on what my next purchase should be. My computer took me about 1 year to build....
if i am going to get a HDD, where can i get an 120gb for cheap?
i dont want to use my 160gb and 200gb, because they are all filled up, and the 120gb is my OS

Mine runs awesome... :D And when I get the 4870 it will be awesome for some years.err.. not awesome in a few years but very good still

Back
Top Bottom