What processor whould I get?

varine

Solid State Member
I'm buying a new gaming computer soon, and I don't know what processor I should get. I need it to play Next Gen games like Oblivion, and that kind of thing. But I don't know what one I should get, so I'm putting this up.

welcome to the forum.

Your question is hard to answer because the processor should match the motherboard. But for all most all high end gaming the way to go would be a AMD 64 3000 to 8000 . Now all you need to do is find a mobo that will co you.

Well, chances are I'm getting Foxconn WinFast NF4UK8AA-8EKRS nVidia nForce4-Ultra Chipset w/LAN, 7.1 Sound, IEEE-1394, USB 2.0 PCI-E, but I can't remember if that's compatable. I'll look that up, but I might buy a Gigabyte GA-K8NF9 nVidia nForce4 Chipset w/LAN, 7.1 Sound, IEEE-1394, USB 2.0 PCI-E Motherboard. I can't remember if that's compatable, either, but I can look that up somewhere, I think.

varine said:
Well, chances are I'm getting Foxconn WinFast NF4UK8AA-8EKRS nVidia nForce4-Ultra Chipset w/LAN, 7.1 Sound, IEEE-1394, USB 2.0 PCI-E, but I can't remember if that's compatable. I'll look that up, but I might buy a Gigabyte GA-K8NF9 nVidia nForce4 Chipset w/LAN, 7.1 Sound, IEEE-1394, USB 2.0 PCI-E Motherboard. I can't remember if that's compatable, either, but I can look that up somewhere, I think.

those appear to be AMD Athlon64 motherboards. I would strongly suggest you tell me your budget, and I will find you the BEST AMD for that money. :D

My Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra Socket 939 is great! Go Gigabyte! Especially with their software and dual BIOS program called @BIOS allowing you to update BIOS with a click of a button!

Well, I'm trying to spend about $1,200, and I will probably going to buy it from ibuypower.com if everyone doesn't hate them. I might try to build it myself, but I don't have many places to that I can without risking a lot of static.

Computergen said:
My Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra Socket 939 is great! Go Gigabyte! Especially with their software and dual BIOS program called @BIOS allowing you to update BIOS with a click of a button!

I have to agree with Computergen. I have the same mobo, but the SLI edition (the other was out of stock). It is an awesome motherboard, easy to setup, and if you want to play next-gen games AMD is the choice right now. The 3000+ is a great processor and probably the best bang for your buck that AMD makes. I would suggest that one if you like overclocking. If you want a great processor and you don't want to o/c it, I would suggest the 3700+ San Diego. I love mine. Oh yeah, if you are planning on upgrading in the future - go Socket 939.

Back
Top Bottom