What phone do you have?

AnkitG

Beta member
I got a Tecno Spark 8 recently with a Mediatek Helio G25 processor as my second smartphone. Looks good enough for the basic uses.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I got a Tecno Spark 8 recently with a Mediatek Helio G25 processor as my second smartphone. Looks good enough for the basic uses.
Nice, especially for the price. I told my work that my issued phone was dying so they sent me a Samsung Galaxy A12; for a low end device I have to say that I am impressed. It won't win any speed tests but it was a definite improvement over the Samsung Galaxy Express Prime 2 (Galaxy J3) that I had before.

For my personal phone I am using an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S20 FE.

AnkitG

Beta member
Nice, especially for the price. I told my work that my issued phone was dying so they sent me a Samsung Galaxy A12; for a low end device I have to say that I am impressed. It won't win any speed tests but it was a definite improvement over the Samsung Galaxy Express Prime 2 (Galaxy J3) that I had before.

For my personal phone I am using an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S20 FE.
That Samsung device is a grand one and worth a fortune. I am mostly into budget devices with good Mediatek chipsets. They turn out good enough for 2 to 3 years.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
That Samsung device is a grand one and worth a fortune. I am mostly into budget devices with good Mediatek chipsets. They turn out good enough for 2 to 3 years.
Yeah. I splurged on this one. I'm not a big Samsung fan. My carrier instituted a whitelist which really ticked me off as I prefer non-mainline phones (at least not mainline US) like Xiaomi. At least this phone should last me a good bit before the upgrade bug bites again.

AnkitG

Beta member
At least this phone should last me a good bit
So these Xiaomi and Realme and Oppo smartphones do not last too long if you are a gamer. You may think that with a good Dimensity gaming processor, you can continue with Chinese smartphone for 4 years, it would lead to issues in just 2 years.

AnkitG

Beta member
Has anyone used the new Lava Agni 5G smartphone yet that comes with Dimensity 810 processor? Need to offer its user reviews to a friend

Top Bottom