What now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
ok i have my 3200 at 2.7ghz and im getting 44c under load for 4 hours with stock cooling but i have no more vcore options on my board (max is 1.55vcore). im sure that i have more room with my mobo cos im doing 270 *5 htt. how do i get it higher

any recomendations

Wait... you're htt is 270 x 5? I thought you couldn't bring it over 1000?

Anyway, isn't there some option also where you can adjust the percentage that the Vcore is increased? There is on mine... take a look and see if you have it.

that's the htt multiplier, not the htt frequency (i think)

and GJ with that ram, mines sucks ass; it can barely get pass 210

Nice work. You have only a few options left now;

1. You can get a modded bios which may or may not let you put in more voltage. But it is a gamble, because a modded bios COULD screw up your board and you will need a new one. It could also not free up your voltage, so it is a huge gamble.

2. You could Volt mod your board, but again that is another gamble. I wouldnt advise that unless you REALLY know what you are doing. Or are simply ballsy.

3. What is your memory voltage? Is that maxed out? You could try a DDR Booster, they apparently work pretty well.

Just my opinion, hope it all works out for you.

k well the problem is the vcore not ram voltage. but how much further would i be able to push my ram if i put in more voltage. The thing is that i would like to get 3ghz

Okay, to go from 2 GHz to 3 GHz (that is what you want, right?) I think you'll need a bit more than your stock cooling man. You're going to need to up the Vcore some more, and not only that, but you'll probably need to be able to overclock your RAM a bit too. You'd need the FSB at 300. I think you're gonna need some water cooling man.

well im at max vcore and why would i need water cooling when im at 44c load

and yea i can go to 300fsb but i don't have enough vcore to stabalize it in fact it can't get past bios screen when at 3ghz

I was saying that at 300 FSB, you'll probably need better cooling, but now you're fine. Maybe not, I was just giving you a heads up... that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom