What laptop should i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickmannawar

In Runtime
For months i have been wanting a new computer of my own (not the school's...). I started out wanting a desktop so i could build it myself. I got a list of parts and prices. Added up to be pretty cheap but really nice. I also thought about a linux (talked about on one of my other posts) Then i realized i need a laptop so that i can take it to school. I've been looking around, and heard different things. I think I want to go with alienware. A best buy technician once told me that life is like a box of a chocolate... lol just kidding... he said that I should just get an asus, because it would be cheaper (not as cool looking), but just as good. So I looked into Asus... They seem to have a bad history of breaking or being sorta crappy. So I went back to wanting Alienware. Now i'm just not sure what to get. I'm more focused on quality than price, but if i can get good quality for cheaper I'm all ears. Also I kinda just want to decide on a brand with customizable laptops that are the best.

Want to play MineCraft on that? :lol:

ASUS is rather good, Just look in my sig...

I would stay away from Alienware. They are way overpriced. The look isn't always the factor.

Newegg.com - ASUS K53SV-DH51 Notebook Intel Core i5 2430M(2.40GHz) 15.6" 6GB Memory DDR3 640GB HDD 5400rpm DL DVD±RW/CD-RW NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

or you can get:

Amazon.com: Lenovo Z370 10252DU 13.3-Inch Laptop (Black): Computers & Accessories

Another member asked about this, and it looks rather good. Especially the long battery life.

Alright cool. I like that ASUS, but if i'm going to go with the brand, is there a reason I shouldn't go with another one like thix maybe Newegg.com - Recertified: ASUS G73 Gaming Series G73SW-BST6 Refurbished Notebook Intel Core i7 2630QM(2.00GHz) 17.3" 8GB Memory 750GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M ? That's just a random one i saw, I'm mainly asking if the ASUS you mentioned is the best one they sell.

Want to play MineCraft on that? :lol:
Haha i'll probably put it on the laptop, but I was actually looking at alienware for stuff like skyrim.

I just look at the 3 main components, RAM, CPU, and GPU. For what you are using it for, you do not need a beefy laptop.

Alienware is not the only system that can play Skryim. Did you look at CyberPowerPC, or i BuyPower?

The "best" is subjective. it all depends on what is best to you.

I think i'm going to go with something from those customs at CyberPowerPC/iBuyPower. That's kinda what I was looking for. I liked the Alienware costumization, but it's so expensive. Those looked cheaper, and my stubborn friend actually agreed on those. He NEVER EVER says the laptop i'm looking at is good. Although to be more clear, what i'm using it for is school work (all i need for school is the microsoft office programs and internet) and gaming.

Thanks for your help

I'd personally advice against Alienware. Alienware is for gamers just like Apple is for designers, you're paying way too much for a label, with that kind of money you can get two equally in performance laptops.
I'm looking to buy a new laptop myself and have been reading a lot of posts and recommendations. Haven't decided yet but I'd definitely go for one that has at least an i7 processor. That Asus mindovermaster suggested doesn't look so bad.

Good luck!

*nick be convinced!*

Haha, but yeah Alienware is overpriced, and the Asus looked nice, but customs looked AMAZING for what i want XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom