What kind of video card?

Andy87

Baseband Member
i was given an old computer and it had an ati pci card in it, can some one tell me what kind of memory it has, i have searched but no luck, the PN is 109-61800-00 the card says, copyright 1999 any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Ha, thats nothing, I have 4 PCI video cards that have basically none, they don't support GL or D3D. thier max res is 1024x768, and when at that res, they can only do 256 colours, with a refresh rate of 60 hz.

lol yeah i found it for sale on tiger direct lol 8 mb, for 12.99, alright new topic on the thread..........i have alot of old computer parts in my basement that are torn apart, from 386's to pIIs what would be some fun thing to do with this hardware? i was thinking putting one of the pII together, putting as many harddrives as i could, and making it a small server? i havent ever built a server, so it would give me knowledge of them, but what would be some good ideas to do with this stuff, give me your ideas, anything wacky, interesting,........

Andy87 said:
lol yeah i found it for sale on tiger direct lol 8 mb, for 12.99, alright new topic on the thread..........i have alot of old computer parts in my basement that are torn apart, from 386's to pIIs what would be some fun thing to do with this hardware? i was thinking putting one of the pII together, putting as many harddrives as i could, and making it a small server? i havent ever built a server, so it would give me knowledge of them, but what would be some good ideas to do with this stuff, give me your ideas, anything wacky, interesting,........

well there is lot's of stuff to do.
U could make the worst build that u can, and then mod the case so that it looks like it would be a brand new computer. :D U could just buy like 1 neon light and a 1m x 1m piece of that material they make the case windows of. (the clear plastic thingys) Then cut some figure, (what ever u want) on the original side panel and then attach the clear plastic thingy to the original side panel. Then just put the neon light inside the case.

I actually thought of doing this someday, it would look cool and would definitely feel good because u did it yourself. I thought of maybe spelling my name there.

I don't know if u fully understand what I mean since that explanation kinda sucks. But that's just one idea.

lol i understand what your talking about show people that it is not what is on the inside that counts all the time lol

You can still use the Pentium II and have it folding 24/7. :D Or a small music/video/game server would be a good idea, since servers don't require much specs to host things.

A server is bascially a PC which loads of things can be accessed on. A P2 server would probably only be good for storing files or folding (search google for folding@home). What you need to do is simply make a PC. Then connect it up to a router or something. Then you can download software, I'll get you some names if you want, which can mean you can access the desktop from your other PC. If you wanted to host games, you'd need a better PC than that. A music server might work though.

Back
Top Bottom