what kind of ram

jnthn205

Baseband Member
Hey my friend has a dell dimension 2300 desktop. And since im getting a new computer, i was going to sell him my Ram. My ram is 512mb DDR SDRAM PC2700. I looked on his ram stick and it doesnt say what kind his is. I want to know where I can find out what kind of Ram his has, and if i can add mine onto it and it works with it.

Search Google, enter the pc make and model and then type ram after it for instance search this: 'Dell dimension 2300 ram upgrade' and it should bring up a few sites which include the info you need. Also Ebuyer.com has a compatibility finder where you go through stages to find which RAM will work.
Good luck with that.

ok we found out it is PC133. So it wont work will it? Could we do this? Take out the 256mb stick and then put my 512mb in?

I have no idea of the guys motherboard, or yours for that matter, I don't really have the info to be giving suggestions like that.
If your mate wants RAM, and you now know which is the compatible type, I advise him to buy it new from a shop so theres 100% compatibility.

Back
Top Bottom