what kind of ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud5437

In Runtime
A mate of mine is looking ram for his computer – he only has 256 at the min. just needs his computer for internet and to run outocad and outocad 3D. I was wondering how can I fing out what kind of ram he needs and how much? I don’t know the make of the motherboard either.

crack open the case and look at the board. Make/model from there do a google search and most reviews or sites will tell you what kind of ram and how much you can go up to with it. or you can use a program called cpu-z and you can look up the board and specs from there. but if it doesn't say then you have to crack open the case.

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Yea put atleast 1GB. Autocad is a very heavy program, if his budget allows (and his motherboard) go with 2GB's.

wats autocad?

I would say use 512. but i dont know wat autocad is :(

Looks like his budget is pretty low, considering he only has 256mb ram

I'm a drafter so I use it. It's computer aided drafting. Helps you design floor plans, electrical wiring schematics, mechanical specs, etc. on a computer instead of drawing it out by hand and making a blueprint. You use a plotter instead. Good stuff.

Download something like Everest Ultimate (shareware) and it will tell you what the memory specs are. THen get 1GB minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom