What kind of plug in is this? (Power Supply)

cluelessnafum

Beta member
:confused:I purchased a 1700 watt power supply, and long story short it was not what was shown on the website I got it from so now I'm dealing with it. I have no I idea what kind of cord is supposed to plug into this thing. It has two long rectangular ports with 30 little slots in them and one little port with 6 little slots (see attached pictures). Can someone please tell me what kind of cords this thing needs?:confused:

Attachments

• Misc 048.jpg
    Misc 048.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Misc 058.jpg
    Misc 058.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Misc 061.jpg
    Misc 061.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 2
That looks like something that would plug into a back plane in a high end IBM or SUN server. You won't find any cords that plug into those connectors. Is there any model numbers or other identifying marks on the part?

:confused:Don't buy anything from upgradebay.com I told the sales person what I was using it for and he said it would be fine. The website link below had a picture of a standard looking desktop power supply when I purchased the item, then after a completely different looking power supply came in the mail and I complained now no picture is shown but the company wont take it back. So now I'm stuck with this thing. Does anyone know how to convert this thing into something I can use for a desktop pc?:confused:

In formation from the back of the part:

Model #: PPD13502
P/N: 3262830-1

It is advertised as "PPD13502 HEWLETT-PACKARD 1700 WATT 5V/12V POWER SUPPLY P/N: PPD13502 - HEWLETT-PACKARD ORIGINALS"

This is the website I purchased the power supply from:

Item Detail

First, please use regular sized text and black.
Second, agreed that it looks like a very specific adapter that would go into some high end server.
Third, I think you just threw 80 bucks out the window as I don't see how you'll be able to use it for a normal PC.
Lastly, post some other angles of the device so we can see what it looks like.

Back
Top Bottom