what kind of info can be found online?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
identity theft and internet stalking topic came up in a conversation and got me wondering
what kind of info can one find online to make damage to other person?
steal identity?
troll?
ruin someones career?
and I also keep hearing something about lawyers using online to dig up dirt on the opponents?

is my personal info really that accessible?

please don't prove me wrong by posting my personal info here lol that would not help answer any of my questions.

this part scares me. can a lawyer request this type of personal info?
it seems like theres really nothing private left in our lives... the only privacy is by hiding the things that you want private where nobody even knows they exist
which sounds creepy and extreme but you know what I mean

"In certain cases, I've recently demanded that the opposing party provide printouts of their Facebook, Myspace or other social networking site profiles and status updates. I've demanded copies of internet blogs that the opposing party has written or contributed and materials posted on job search websites, such as Monster.com. If it is called for, I have even gone so far as to subpoena and pay an expert to examine an opposing party's hard drive."

You can gather any information that has been put on the internet, Family tree, marriages, DOB, locations you been to or are at right now, usernames(very easy), passwords (very possible for average users with no concept of security), Names, pictures, friends, work place, car reg, house address, CV, even criminal records, hospital records, bank details (very easy), passport number, email address(s), websites visited, phone numbers, websites you brought stuff from, plus remember anything you post on forums, facebook, twitter etc can be recovered.

Less than half of this is stuff you have knowning put on the web, yet it will all be recoverable! :cool:

If someone wants the info, they can gain it very fast! without even needing to speak to you and if they speak to you, they only need to have a small conv to gather additional info to speed up the process...

You can gather any information that has been put on the internet, Family tree, marriages, DOB, locations you been to or are at right now, usernames(very easy), passwords (very possible for average users with no concept of security), Names, pictures, friends, work place, car reg, house address, CV, even criminal records, hospital records, bank details (very easy), passport number, email address(s), websites visited, phone numbers, websites you brought stuff from, plus remember anything you post on forums, facebook, twitter etc can be recovered.

Less than half of this is stuff you have knowning put on the web, yet it will all be recoverable! :cool:

If someone wants the info, they can gain it very fast! without even needing to speak to you and if they speak to you, they only need to have a small conv to gather additional info to speed up the process...

i2D__ has covered a lot their but their is a bigger question that needs answering and that's Information in the 21st Century Digital Information Age and Security. WE live on or in a Planet that has rapidly become over the last 125 years technologically advanced since pre 18 Century. IMHO we are at the stage of were we don't know how to handle or run \ manage technology as a Society and People and race. Hence Paranoia, Fear and insecurity. Not being the case of IF but when a Nuke will go off. Governments snooping on their people. Look at how Korea operates, look at GCHQ in the UK and America.

You can find anything you want online about anything "All Most" in this day and age. In the UK we have our local councils whom put their online DATA Bases of information up and you can use this to track down people as I know this because I've done it my self. Let alone Facebook pushing the boundary with Technology. Tracking peoples location \ s , Daily online Logs of peoples activity

If the Police arrest you they can seize any how whatever property they want hear in the UK as part of their investigatory powers and now the home secretary has just announced a law to track and keep records of peoples internet activity for twelve months. Apparently as part of terrorism counter operations. But since they don't need a warrant they can do what they like when they like, how are we supposed to know.

Big brother is watching you, especially since the invention of the first electronic brain by the likes of Alan Turing, and the best part about that was the Police and so called Authority tortured the Gye for being Homosexual. The Government and the hypocritical of this so called County and the digital Information Age is that of a paranoid society we live in and if you want to know something just google it.

The FBI Shut down most of the DDW Deep Dot Web but then the American Government will allow the execution of a man or woman or child if they deem is necessary.

People take Drugs and don't pay tax and go to Jail for Street Drugs. Pharmaceutical company's charge and make Billions of pounds in profit and we are told by a doctor its more than likely safe because they react different with everyone so they monitor you for record and risk assessment sake.

Government minds you cant do right for doing wrong, you cant please everyone. Look at the Tories in the UK, what's the alternative. Labour and Jeremy Corbin. Politicians want power, they have money as well to back them up in the real world. Money is power to an extent. Advertising, Marketing and Sales. With out money, YOU. ARE. NOTHING. Homeless and living in a Box.

Its also IMHO about risk assessment as well as many other things, they need to know what you are doing, were you are been or have been or were, as part of the tracking and public Safety, Risk and Big Brother.

I'll give you an example. If Mr.John. Smith were to commit suicide. Do it. Don't tell anyone. Once its over. Its done with. If you tell anyone then its the authority problem. Risk Assessment again because someone will have to answer to that if it goes unchecked.

NOW....

My point being with all that. Technology is a form of communication and is primarily designed around this. Give me one example were a peace of technology doesn't incorporate some form of communication as a principal and record keeping isn't kept. Look at the Riots of Summer 12 in London.

I could add more but I'll leave it their. :cool:

so in other words pretend you live in communist Russia when you re online. and say only politically correct things or your *** is grass?

The only info people can get from you online, is what you put out there.

Unless data breaches happen (which are becoming more common these days), if you don't willingly put data out there (social media sites, private info on various sites, etc.), then it's harder to get information about you.

The only info people can get from you online, is what you put out there.

Unless data breaches happen (which are becoming more common these days), if you don't willingly put data out there (social media sites, private info on various sites, etc.), then it's harder to get information about you.

Well my other point is, agencies and gov put your details on the web now.. For example, banks, DVLA, HMRC, Police databases, gas , water electric companies, your work website... So even if you don't put your details on the web, some of your most important details can still be gathered...

That's why I say less than half of the stuff people can gather was not put on the web by yourself

Well my other point is, agencies and gov put your details on the web now.. For example, banks, DVLA, HMRC, Police databases, gas , water electric companies, your work website... So even if you don't put your details on the web, some of your most important details can still be gathered...

That's why I say less than half of the stuff people can gather was not put on the web by yourself

That's why I included the "excluding data breaches" part ;).

While of of that stuff is public info; it would be public anyway through other means (phone book, has your name + address + landline #).

Back
Top Bottom