What is your ISP speed?

Attachments

• speed.png
    speed.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 3
My current download speed is 94.15Mbps, despite having a >300Mbps (my cell phone was @ 347 Mbps immediately after my computer speed test) connection. I just checked my motherboard documentation and it has a 1Gb connection, and I am using a Cat 6 cable. I can not figure out why my connection is so slow. I know that I am using "old school" technology (ASUS B250 PLUS / INTEL I5-6500 / DDR4 MEMORY, etc., but I think it should handle 300Mbps shouldn't it? one odd thing that I am noticing is that the "speedometer" only reads to 100 Mbps when I am testing my computer. and at the time of testing, no other computers, tv's, or other devices were on. I was the only one at home. so it's not like I was sharing resources with anyone else. also, I did swap the internet cable around coming out of the router. no difference. and both of the other 2 computers read in that 300 Mbps range.I know that 94 Mbps is not terrible. but if I am paying for 300 Mbps, I would like to have and use it.

My current download speed is 94.15Mbps, despite having a >300Mbps (my cell phone was @ 347 Mbps immediately after my computer speed test) connection. I just checked my motherboard documentation and it has a 1Gb connection, and I am using a Cat 6 cable. I can not figure out why my connection is so slow. I know that I am using "old school" technology (ASUS B250 PLUS / INTEL I5-6500 / DDR4 MEMORY, etc., but I think it should handle 300Mbps shouldn't it? one odd thing that I am noticing is that the "speedometer" only reads to 100 Mbps when I am testing my computer. and at the time of testing, no other computers, tv's, or other devices were on. I was the only one at home. so it's not like I was sharing resources with anyone else. also, I did swap the internet cable around coming out of the router. no difference. and both of the other 2 computers read in that 300 Mbps range.I know that 94 Mbps is not terrible. but if I am paying for 300 Mbps, I would like to have and use it.
What site are you using to test it? Have you tried fast.com? There are several other test sites out there besides speedtest.

i am using my ISP's site (Spectrum) and ookla speedtest. buth come up with approximately the same speed.
They're probably using the same speedtest server which might be capped. Try Fast.com.

I've had this connection now for about 8 months.

Attachments

• 5gb Justin.jpg
    5gb Justin.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 0
HOLY TOLEDO! THAT'S FAST! I tried fast.com and they say i have a 91Mbps speed. Something is not correct. I just do not know where to look.

Are you using a vpn?
Fast.com with vpn on from Chicago .... is 84 Mbps up and 21 down. I turned off my (NORD) vpn and I get 710 Mbps down and 24 up.
of course this is not the same with Ookla speed test. My speeds will change depending on which city and time I use for a vpn. I think Buffalo gives me a better result.
I think that if you unplug you modem over night it will clear the modems cache, and reset you with a different IP address and you could see an improvement just by doing that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom