What is your ISP speed?

Nope... that 100Mbps is over old copper phone lines (their maximum speed). They say they are getting FIOS here soon but AT$T stated that 10 yrs ago too.
75Mb is the Uverse max and it's technically FTTP, and maybe you meant fiber because FIOS is Verizon. If it's not Uverse it's Gigapower and that would be obvious because it's FTTH.

75Mb is the Uverse max and it's technically FTTP, and maybe you meant fiber because FIOS is Verizon. If it's not Uverse it's Gigapower and that would be obvious because it's FTTH.
AT$T's offer for 100Mbps
AT$T offer.jpg

I know I do not have fiber to my house, and the line comes from the telephone pole on the property line with my neighbor, It has been there since 2005
I did mean Fiber and not Fios....Thanks for that correction

I'll have to look to see what the plans rates are for the lowest speed. When I first moved here the best then was 75 Mbps and today they advertise 100Mbps as their best for my area. They do say have gigabit speeds...but not here. We all know that 100 Mbps may or may not be what you can actually get.

Edit:
Looks like I do not get that option to choose any other speeds! This is the only offer available to me.
internet.jpg
Add $10. equipment fees, taxes, administrative fees and it'll be $50+-ish for 100Mpbs for 12 months

Last edited:
Do your plans have a cap on how much data you can download/upload?

I pay $90/month for up to (their terminology) 1GB download speed with unlimited data from Xfinity.

I dunno... they (AT$T) are not specifying that. I suppose I would have to look into the deeper details of their contract. Concast (Xfinity) gives me 1tb of download currently @ 450 Mbps for $70. until May 4th. If I exceed 1tb down load capacity I get a penalty and have to pay extra$$$ for anything that exceeds 1 tb. (currently I average around 200gb for downloads)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom