What Is Your Favorite Audio/Media Player?

isaccasi1234

Baseband Member
Hi, I have a lot of Audio/Media Players on my Notebook from Acer.
VLC+Potplayer 64 bit+Aimp4+Foobar2000+Winamp+Musicbee+Roon & Audirvana.
But enough about me, what is your Favorite/Favorites?

I liked VLC for a long time but then discovered Potplayer so switched to it and have never looked back.
I also use VLC and Potplayer sounded interesting until I saw this:
As of at least late 2019, PotPlayer began to be bundled with third-party software, causing concerns from PotPlayer's users community. The installer gives the option to opt-out before the bundled 3rd party software is installed.[4] Also of note, PotPlayer has now started showing popup ads on the lower right hand corner of a user's computer
Bummer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PotPlayer

Maybe look for an older version at some other time

I use three.

Windows Media Player 10(+) for it's WOW effects with clear waveform music. Nothing else EVERY.

Winamp for its special bass+triple enhancing feature (thru equalizer actually) for the above as well and for Tracker audio. Couldn't find a better player for the latter.

The best working Media Player Classic my system seems to favor (currently both MPC-MC and MPC-BE) for everything else, and for the above for preview.

I use a frame rate multiply manipulation addition called SVP that requires something MPC-X has. Can't watch videos without it anymore.

I also use VLC and Potplayer sounded interesting until I saw this:
As of at least late 2019, PotPlayer began to be bundled with third-party software, causing concerns from PotPlayer's users community. The installer gives the option to opt-out before the bundled 3rd party software is installed.[4] Also of note, PotPlayer has now started showing popup ads on the lower right hand corner of a user's computer

Bummer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PotPlayer

Maybe look for an older version at some other time
The bundled software is no big deal since it can be opted out of. There is a popup I get in the lower right corner which simply advertises Potplayer and then goes away on it's own after a couple of seconds. I'd prefer it didn't do it but it isn't that annoying.

If the ad-ware does not bother then it sounds good for yourself. I not too happy with ad-ware personally, It's one of the reasons I'm not using Windows 10 currently.

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of Potplayer from their website and no longer see the popups!

Back
Top Bottom