What is wrong with my laptop?

furrywalls

Beta member
Ok so recently I had this problem that started about half a month ago. My CPU goes to 100 percent when I use a Screen Capture Software or Game Capture Software. What happens is the videos come out laggy and it records laggy. Also games that used to run flawlessly don't anymore. I ran a disk check and I completely reinstalled my orperatng system. There is only 2 things that I think might have made this happen. I had spilled a drink on my laptop so I opened it up and dried it out. It is a dual processor laptop but it shows both in task manager. I don't know if it fried something or maybe I bumped a cord. The second thing is I started using an external monitor. Just in case you were wondering I have a Dell Inspiron 1525. Thanks, Dillon.

No I haven't. I will try that though. Here is the specs.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DILLON-PC
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Inspiron 1525
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A17, 10/27/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name Dillon-PC\Dillon
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 2.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.69 GB
Total Virtual Memory 5.98 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.38 GB
Page File Space 2.99 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

did you turn the laptop off straight away and pull the power and let it drain?
this is not necessarily the cause, having said that it could have done some damage. did you check out what service was taking all the resources and why can you and have you checked the processor and it's thermal levels. a replacement of the processor maybe needed or the Motherboard. however not at this stage what have you done so far to fix this problem.

Kind Regards

Back
Top Bottom