What is this search bar? How do we get rid of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Woke up this morning, and I found this search bar on my browser.

1. What is it?

2. What do I do to get rid of it?

Adware does not get rid of this bar. So I need some help on this one.

See attachment

oh haha thats ez...

just go to

control panel>add/remove programs

and find that suspicious looking program and remove it :D

if that dont work

Please do this. Click here: http://www.sherrylynn.us/HijackThis.exe to download Hijack This. Save it to itÂ’s own folder (not temporary files or the desktop).
Close all open windows and open HIJACK THIS. Click “Scan”. When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to “Save Log”. Click on “Save Log” and save it to NotePad. Copy the entire log and paste it here.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET, most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed. Wait for someone to analyze the scan and advise

Spybot S & D ..will remove it .. I hate that damn search bar ..it's so freakin' irritating.

Just run Spybot! :)

You usually get it from downloading MSN Plus. Like mentioned above, rune HiJack this and remove anything that says 'My Search Bar'

I had the same problem some time ago.
Open the processes tab in task manager,locate the exe file for the searchbar, right click on it and choose end process tree.
Now go to control panel and remove it using Add/Remove programs.

cheerios said:
oh haha thats ez...

just go to

control panel>add/remove programs

and find that suspicious looking program and remove it :D

Try that, there is nothing listed there.

LobosBlanco said:
if that dont work

Please do this. Click here: http://www.sherrylynn.us/HijackThis.exe to download Hijack This. Save it to itÂ’s own folder (not temporary files or the desktop).
Close all open windows and open HIJACK THIS. Click “Scan”. When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to “Save Log”. Click on “Save Log” and save it to NotePad. Copy the entire log and paste it here.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET, most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed. Wait for someone to analyze the scan and advise

Would like to avoid using HiJack This if I can. But is getting down to the point where i might not have a choice.

preet2u said:
Spybot S & D ..will remove it .. I hate that damn search bar ..it's so freakin' irritating.

Just run Spybot! :)

Spybot S&D detected a lot of $#!+ that AdAware did not. How ever, it bar still remains.

ADZ said:
You usually get it from downloading MSN Plus. Like mentioned above, rune HiJack this and remove anything that says 'My Search Bar'

Don't remember downloading MSN Plus (let alone any program) recently. Look like i might need to use HiJack This.

rakesh_1024 said:
I had the same problem some time ago.
Open the processes tab in task manager,locate the exe file for the searchbar, right click on it and choose end process tree.
Now go to control panel and remove it using Add/Remove programs.

That is normally the first thing that I do when some thing strange pop up. But there is nothing fitting that discription of a SEARCH BAR in that menu.

Looking like i am going to have to use HiJack This.

I managed to kill it with a run of HiJackThis, followed by Spybot S&D.

It was a shifty piece of spyware as I really need to use the a combination of programs with a repeat instant of one of the programs.

But in the end, I was victorious!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom