What is the roll of a teacher? (programming class)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, this sounds familiar... Eragon? It's not the word that makes magic, is the logic... (something to those words)

Seriously, the web is a big place, and Google will lead you.

EDIT2: what exactly do you mean by the ground up? What kind of stuff have you learned so far..and what are they expecting you to do? (answers those and I can compare with my java class so far)

Ground up meaning I am building a program from a blank page. All previous assignments we have a program already or at least some of the code and we change or add things to it. Also each assignment so far was something that had to do with what we read.

So far we have read about 6 chapters on:
1. Variables, Operators & Expressions
2. Methods and applying scope
3. Decision statements
4. Compound assignments & Iteration statements
5. Managing Errors and Exceptions

Just touching the surface basically.

This program assignment requires us to use checkboxes.radiobuttons. Radiobuttons will change what is displayed on the checkboxes depending on what radiobutton you select. checkboxes should all clear (be false) if the radibutton selection is changed. There is one other step I don't recall as well.

I got the content change for checkboxes down...thanks to google and the intellisense in VS. What I am stuck on is the radiobuttons each have a dollar value as do the checkboxes. Once selections are made it should add up what is checked (true) and total it up with taxes, etc.

I know I need some if statements and need variables that are populated if boxes are checked. I know this in my head I just don't know how to code it.... :wtf:

I hate being a newb! I just want to get past this and become good at this. I'm so sick of my current career....

Well, that sounds like C# stuff..because after 5 months of java I don't recognize any of that lol.

So yea...I can't give much help now :( but it doesn't sound all that bad. Maybe you just need to go over the code you've already learned and try to piece together when you need to apply that code...because if you can think it in your head then the logic is obviously there...just need to know when to use what code

Yeah the code I have learned will not be used in this program. I knew that from the start when I read the instructions and the teacher even told me it won't be any code I have used previously.

Last time I got beat this hard was when they stuck a banana in my pants and turned the monkeys loose on me!

- Cousin Eddie, Vegas vacation

LOL that is what I feel like...

yea..it sounds like they are wanting you to just research a ton..and farther ahead then what you need :| I hate classes like that.

Like I said..maybe look for an on-campus class and see if it's more of your style(if you can)

This was suppose to be an onsite class as well as the java but since there was not enough ppl signed up they did away with the lectures.

However we do have one on site class today for the first time in the C# class. I'm going to drive him nuts with questions! haha

this whole thing is just ifs and simple variables, using the buttons to set the variables... if button A is select x=1 else 0 type thing.

I think youre looking way to deep into this, and are getting flustard.

I think youre looking way to deep into this, and are getting flustard.

those are the exact words of my teacher...

I guess so but I started on Jan. 12th I think? So I'm very very new to this. I wish I could get an idea of peoples knowledge they had the first 3 weeks of programming to get an idea of where i am at. I just feel like I should be getting this and I am not some times and it really frustrates me that I can't just get past this beginners stuff.

You'll spend 10percent of your time writing code and 90percent of your time debugging and thinking through logic.

Get used to it ;) It'll come to you.

I wrote math programs... Engineering crap, in a non graphical environment... YAY FORTRAN.

I'm a very logical thinking type. So i get the flow.

Try writing it out on paper very very basically... Then do it again in more psuedo type code and just build it up. Literally write it out in words what you want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom