• Buy packaged desktop

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

suicide007

In Runtime
Im getting a 6800xt and 1 gig of ram, and i need a game to play. (im to the point where i can beat halo on legendary with only punching and grenades, and ive beat hl1 at least 4 times on hard.)

Basically, i need one that my system can handle, that will be fun, and will look good, but mostly FUN!! Which game do you enjoy playing the most?

Thanx, and im gonna post a poll, but just tell me if theres a game i left out.

O yea, and i meant to add World of Warcraft, and FEAR, and CIV4

BTW, im gettin another gig of ram in 2 weeks, so then i will have 2 gigs.

I chose Half Life 2, because of half life 2 and CS:S the best online game i've ever played. But i'm also purchasing Battlefield 2 soon.l

ive gotta say BF2 just because there is so much stuff to do. when i was playing it a lot earlier this yr, i might go and play it one day and feel like being an engineer and laying mines, the next day i might feel like tank hunting so i might be AT and so on. from a FUN perspective it offers a lot more choice depending on the mood your in and so doesnt get that repetitive.

also i must agree, multiplayer much more fun becuase u have the satisfaction of saying 'i outhought the other guy' or 'i pulled the trigger quicker/was more accurate' whereas in single player its like 'oooohh, i killed the AI again. i know hat he could have headshotted me from the other side of the map with a pistol, but hes programmed not to'.

I had to vote for Unreal Tournament (UT2004) from personal experience, that is the most fun I've had in a multiplayer-oriented FPS. It's single player campaign is pretty dull though. It's just a series of multiplayer games with bots. The multiplayer is where it shines, even on single player with bots it's great fun and challenge.

From others on the list, from personal experience, I'd say Half-Life 2 because it's just awesome and CS:S is pretty fun and very popular online. Quake 4 was fun single player (finished it today), but I couldn't recommend it over HL2 or UT2004. I hear it isn't that popular online.

But, you mentioned WoW. That's the most fun and addictive game I've ever played. Fair warning :p.

I'd vote for Oblivion, you can play it (and still hvae it remain fun) for 2-3x longer than the other games you've listed. Probably the best rpg experience I've ever had to date.
HL2 is also extremely good (and long), best fps I've played. I prefer roleplaying, though, so I think Oblivion is the best.
CoD2 was good, not great. It's was fun to play but the story didn't flow at all and it was really just a collection of missions. No real ending, either, you play the last mission and that's it. I thought CoD1 was better.
Quake 4: Lots of mindless fun, but I was very disappointed over how amazingly great and godly this game *could* have been but wasn't. At every opportunity to bring in a cool new plot twist, story line or element, nothing happened.
Dom 3: Scary as **** but you should get something newer, who hasn't played Doom 3?
Ghost Recon: Took out everything that made the original games good and just into a plain jane military shooter. Played *way* too much like Delta Force, just with decent AI and more realistic. Play the first game and it's two expansion packs, those were excellent.

Over all my vote goes to Oblivion, great great great rpg. They really got everything right with that one.

Well, the only rpg i ever really go into was pokemon, and that was years ago. Ill think about WOW or Oblivion, and i will def get them later on, but first im probably gonna get hl2 or cod2, cause my parents are gettin worried about the internet bill, and i dont know how much longer im gonna have before i go wireless. So, either hl2, cod2, or ut'04, or...Im just gonna go to ebay, and see if someone is selling a bundle. Thanx guys.

Wireless will kill any chance you have of playing games online. Get a job or beg, you don't want to lose your internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom