what is the deal with samsung and usb issues?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
every time i try to use the usb connection to my PC to organize or transfer files its always fuxored.
i dont really understand why theres still issues with it after being so long in the phone business

is it a windows issue or samsung issue?

literally every time i try theres issues

i set it up few months ago, got it to work fixed one issue. it worked that time

i tried to transfer some vacation pictures to PC and it got all fed up...
almost crashed my desktop
then tried to "calculate how much time it will take to transfer images" wtf??? it needs 20 minutes to actually figure out how long it will take to transfer them?

then it seemed to work but somehow it said its unable to transfer file extension... whatever
started again
did it that time with extremely slow speed like usb1.1 speed
any attempt to even try to organize files on the phone or sd card turned to frozen explorer windows and having to unplug the phone over and over again to start over

this is really BS that i have to deal with this with 800 dollar phone.
it applies to any of the galaxy series phones since the first galaxy came out i dont remember ever having a stable working usb connection

i just dont understand how other brands can do it and samsung just cant get this right

I've had the Note series for many years. (Notes 2, 3, and 4) Even tried an S6+ for a little while.
I have not had one issue with USB connecting to any of my machines. (Windows 7 PRO and Windows 10 PRO)

Now I have had a slow xfer speed a couple of times, but that was due to me doing a lot of moving files at the time. But not once have I had connection issues or any of the things your describing.

I currently use an Axon 7 and I have no USB issues...

When was the last time you did a Windows refresh?

Because MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is trash, and that's what's used to connect/transfer data. It's a universal protocol, so you don't have to worry about filesystem issues.

And it's not just Samsung - I've only had 1 phone that didn't use MTP as the transfer protocol, and that was an older HTC Android phone. It was nice - directly used the filesystem / MicroSD card instead of seeing them over MTP.

oh I see. that's dumb.
I also remember when I was able to set as mass storage in the past

Back
Top Bottom