What is the best nVidia chipset motherboard for overclocking?

xqxqpo

Beta member
I'd like to get an nVidia chipset motherboard because I like nVidia graphics cards and would like to be able to SLI. However I've heard they don't overclock as well as he x38 boards for example. What is the best nvidia chipset mobo for overclocking?

You'll want something with the NVIDIA nForce 780 SLI series chips depending on what platform you're running. 780a for AMD, 780i for Intel processors.

I thought nVidia had decided to keep the SLi to themselves.
Intel wouldn't allow Nvidia to make chipset for Nehalem, Nvidia threatened to pull all SLi support for Nehalem but realising they were fighting a losing battle, they gave in and gave Intel the right to support SLi with their chipsets.
Only X58s (and not all of them) support SLi and not the C2 chipsets.
They still make chipsets for AMD, though.

About all 7 series boards are great for overclocking. Depends; on which processor, though. some boards are designed to overclock certain processors better. Just make sure that if you decide on a an X58, you know you have to get an I7, too.

You guys are wasting your time with this cat. It's a spammer. Look at the odd user name and the url's in the sig. They have posted twice and vanished.

Back
Top Bottom