what is the best mod for ps2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimpee

Beta member
i'm looking into mod-ing my ps2 to handle imports and backups. what is the best mode out there?? there seems to be a few different versions such as the chip or the usb mod.

can you give me some + and - of each??

thanks in advance

i'm looking into mod-ing my ps2 to handle imports and backups. what is the best mode out there?? there seems to be a few different versions such as the chip or the usb mod.

can you give me some + and - of each??

thanks in advance

Well i personally would go with an internal mod chip a Neo 4 or higher ( i dont recommend the Neo2.2 chips cause you need to do swap tricks for your games to work.)
The only bad thing about internal chips are that you are voiding your warrenty if you put on in.

and you have the: USBMOD / NEOKEY.
The good thing about these is that they are compatible with every model PS2 (US/EUR).
It slots nicely into the PS2 USB slot. You can now play your PSX and PS2 backups (compatible with All Titles including EA Sports Games that have been patched with the new EA Patches).
the down side is that the USBMOD requires a Game Shark 2 (US) or Action Replay 2 (Euro) to play your PS2 backups. PSX backups play without any need for either of these.
You still need to open up your PS2 but you are only required to solder 1 very easy link wire.

And thers the NEW PnP key Solderless Modchip.
the good thing about these are:
*No Soldering needed! just Plug and Play!
* Plays PS1, PS2 CD and DVD backups.
*Internal Mod-Chip built-in.

the down sides:
*Works only with V5 & V6 PS 2 main boards SCPH-3000xR (JAP/US/PAL ).
*The PnP Key requires a GameShark2(US) or Action Replay2(EURO/PAL) to play PS1/PS2 backups.

and for the prices it all depends on where you are going to by them.
i suggest
modchip.com
mod-chip.com
ozchips.com
ect

hope thats some help

cheers

Well i personally would go with an internal mod chip a Neo 4 or higher ( i dont recommend the Neo2.2 chips cause you need to do swap tricks for your games to work.)
The only bad thing about internal chips are that you are voiding your warrenty if you put on in.

and you have the: USBMOD / NEOKEY.
The good thing about these is that they are compatible with every model PS2 (US/EUR).
It slots nicely into the PS2 USB slot. You can now play your PSX and PS2 backups (compatible with All Titles including EA Sports Games that have been patched with the new EA Patches).
the down side is that the USBMOD requires a Game Shark 2 (US) or Action Replay 2 (Euro) to play your PS2 backups. PSX backups play without any need for either of these.
You still need to open up your PS2 but you are only required to solder 1 very easy link wire.

And thers the NEW PnP key Solderless Modchip.
the good thing about these are:
*No Soldering needed! just Plug and Play!
* Plays PS1, PS2 CD and DVD backups.
*Internal Mod-Chip built-in.

the down sides:
*Works only with V5 & V6 PS 2 main boards SCPH-3000xR (JAP/US/PAL ).
*The PnP Key requires a GameShark2(US) or Action Replay2(EURO/PAL) to play PS1/PS2 backups.

and for the prices it all depends on where you are going to by them.
i suggest
modchip.com
mod-chip.com
ozchips.com
ect

hope thats some help

cheers

What would you suggest for us Super Non-Techies that want to play the imports and backups? Which way would you consider the easiest way to go?

Does the Neo 4 only require to put out one chip and install another?

For example, I can make short work of a soldering job by fusing every piece of metal on any card in under 5 seconds! :rolleyes: So, I don't want to go there. I don't mind opening up the case, hey, I've never seen the inside of a PSX anyway.....I guess it's about time.

So, what do you suggest for the technologically impaired? :confused:

What would you suggest for us Super Non-Techies that want to play the imports and backups? Which way would you consider the easiest way to go?

Does the Neo 4 only require to put out one chip and install another?

For example, I can make short work of a soldering job by fusing every piece of metal on any card in under 5 seconds! :rolleyes: So, I don't want to go there. I don't mind opening up the case, hey, I've never seen the inside of a PSX anyway.....I guess it's about time.

So, what do you suggest for the technologically impaired? :confused:

There is a new mod chip out witch surpasess prety much any of the previous, its the Mesiah. Its awsome but hard to get your hands on it, and eaven harder to install

If you're not all that keen about soldering, try a Neo 2.2.
There are many many better chips available but they are also much harder to install.
Out all of them, I'd say the Messiah and Magic 2 are the best though.

Also, you need to identify the version of your PS2 to make sure the chip will work for it.

If you need install diagrams, or modchip specs, check out the section on my web page :)

dont go neo or magic

ok i would deffinantly get the messiah 2 pro ok ..and dont install it yourself get a pro 2 do it.......oh neo wrecks ure laser same with magic......

L8ter

go with any of the Authentic Magic 3x chips they are the easiest to install and work great. No swapping and plays everything. The magic 3x will not harm your laser provided you follow the boot up instructions.

The 3x chips are set so when you turn on your ps2 they are ready for backups. For Origionals you have to hold the power button down until the blue light comes on and that turns off the chip. If you try to boot the origional with out turning off the chip is where you run into laser problems due to the excessive work of trying to read an incompatible disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom