what is the best gpu setup for $400

fractalr3

In Runtime
i was thinking of getting the 6970 gigabyte oc,
but they are out of stock, is there any other option i could go for with the same performance. i will be looking into sli/cf in the future also.

fractalr3

In Runtime
ok so now i am thinking of spending around $500 because i still need a cd drive for $80 i have $640 total. if i can find a good cd drive(sata) for $40 then i will spend 600 on a good gpu setup(wanting to go 3 way sli/cf)

krone6

In Runtime
Don't get a cd drive, go with a dvd burner or blu rayburner/rom... don't limit yourself to just a 700MB cd and that's it.

fractalr3

In Runtime
Samsung SH-B123A 12x Blu-ray/DVD Combo Drive.
but is there a cheap 2gb card that i can buy more than one of or should i just get a 6970 single or 6950 2gb cf unlocked????
i need as much advice before this friday i might buy it then.

fractalr3

In Runtime
i can afford 3x 6950 2gb unlocked if that will be better than 2x 6970. but now my mobo decided to break. not happy. but returning it this week hopfully.

Lippy

Baseband Member
I think GTX 570s in SLI would be good. But then again, do you really need that powerful of a PC? :/

Indigo

Fully Optimized
Unless you have a 40+ inch monitor, that much horsepower is a waste... so hopefully you can put it to good use. The 570 is a great card for the money.