What is the best budget headset for use in a noisy open office sales environment?

aznphatb0i

Beta member
The goal is that sales people can easily use the headset to make phone calls without being disturbed by surrounding noise and the customer also should not hear background noise.

• Headset should be under $50 each

• Headset should have a microphone that eliminates ambient noise (Digital? Noise Canceling? Unidirectional?)

• Headphone earmuffs should eliminate noise from environment (Closed? Active noise canceling?)

• Headphones should work on PC and MAC

I've done some research and found the following headsets, but have no idea if they are best in class or which one is the best choice:

• SteelSeries Sibera V2 - $20.00 - New SteelSeries Siberia V2 Full Size Headband Headsets Free Shipping | eBay
• Microsoft LX-6000 - $41.99 - Microsoft LifeChat LX-6000 Headset 7XF-00001
• Logitech G35 - $55.00 - Logitech G35 7 1 Surround Sound USB Gaming Headset 5053973980416 | eBay
• Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma - $59.49 - Razer Kraken 7 1 Chroma Surround Sound USB Gaming Headset RZ04 01250100 | eBay

Are any of these the best choice, or some other model?

Last edited:
I have the iHop version of that one. Absolute worst headset to use in a call center. It picks up flea farts in the next room.

Well you are not staying in the posters budget with some of your suggestions, I know audiophiles like to spend hundereds on pieces of plastic that are worth no more then $5 to produce and only get so pricey due to branding or having a rap artist name splattered on them

Well you are not staying in the posters budget with some of your suggestions, I know audiophiles like to spend hundereds on pieces of plastic that are worth no more then $5 to produce and only get so pricey due to branding or having a rap artist name splattered on them

The ones seti posted (Sennheiser, Plantronics, etc.) aren't that "high price because of branding" crap. Sennheiser is an actual great brand for headsets.

The ones seti posted (Sennheiser, Plantronics, etc.) aren't that "high price because of branding" crap. Sennheiser is an actual great brand for headsets.

I personally swear by Plantronics. I used to work 9-1-1 dispatch years ago and we used those. They are not only comfortable, but highly reliable and the noise cancelling ability on the right headsets are absolutely amazing.

+1 to Plantronics branded.
+1 to Sennheiser also, although I've had no personal experience, I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Oh, I also had a Halo branded Plantronics headset for the XBox 360. Love that headset. The earpiece finally gave out after 3 years. I could buy a new one, I just haven't. I probably will now that I'm sitting here thinking about it.

I've got a plantronics one at work which works brilliantly, and people have commented on calls that it sounds like I'm in the room with them!

Saying that, I'm using regular Sennheiser CX275S set of in ear earphones with inline microphone and I've had no complaints.

I think it's more about the software, if the microphone can pick up everything, then the software knows what to filter.

Back
Top Bottom