What is the best brand for a 7800GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
XfX is badmouthed all over this forum....I had one go bad...they replaced it with a new one in less than a week and it has been the best video card investment ever. I recently bought two XfX 6800xt PCIe cards which were also given a bad rap as dumbed down 6600gt's. These two cards in SLi blew my 6800GT out of the water! When you go to Newegg, read the reviews...XfX cards get no more of a bad rap than any of the other manufacturers......they did have a period when they bought a bad batch of Nvidia 6800gt chips.

I will say that I haven't heard any bad things about the XFX 7800GTX 512MB but as far as the geforce 6 series I would stay away from them. I think XFX is starting to become better then they used to be but I see no reason to not go with EVGA or BFG over XFX.

john3 said:
I think it was either Flanker or Carbine that told me this, but when i needed to pick a video card, and 2 guys said that XFX is like all garbage....it turns out that the only reason ppl in this forum think it sux is because 1! person had a problem with it, and who knows maybe he tried shoving a PCI E in an AGP slot. XFX i think is also good because it comes overclocked.......and you wont have to screw it up if you try overclocking it urslef.

I just did a search on that and found the thread, it was Flanker :) Seemed like a smart guy, too bad he got banned.

Beefcake said:
I think XFX is starting to become better then they used to be but I see no reason to not go with EVGA or BFG over XFX.

Like Flanker said to you before, its not that they're getting better, they've always been good. Apparently, they just have a bad rep on this forum. Think about it, someone has a problem 5 (now 6, probably) months ago. It gets a bad rep. In the 6 months that follow, no one has a problem. So they're supposedly "getting better." Face it, XFX is one of the best.

Though I HAVE to admit, eVGA is better than all of them. If I had a choice of any company, I would spurt out eVGA's name without even thinking. Often times, there's nothing to think about, they have the lowest prices, haha.

I'm just saying that since eVGA isn't an option for you, and BFG (another good company) doesn't make those cards, then don't rule out XFX, its very good itself.

flanker is an airhead always causing troubles

ive been with tech-forums for a short time and seen to much trouble caused by him

mole1135 said:
flanker is an airhead always causing troubles

ive been with tech-forums for a short time and seen to much trouble caused by him

Hmm...like you're causing trouble right now? I don't usually stick up for banned people, but he sounded like someone who didn't just repeat whatever someone else said. That XFX stuff was awesome.

Oh yea, your friend. :rolleyes: Does your friend know how to install videocards properly? Even an eVGA 7800GT would go bad if you try to jam it into the PCI slot :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom