What is the best 6600GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterShazbot

Baseband Member
Toms hardware did an Nvidia 6600 guide, and the Leadtek 6600GT had the highest numbers in all benchmarks. I imagine it would be a good OC card due to its cooling system.

They did this test back in April, so I do not know if the new drivers have changed the FPS of the test cards.

Any other manufacturers make better 6600GT's than Leadtek?

as of now it's pretty much agreed upon that evga and leadtek have the best versions, and that goes for agp and pci-e

I say the Asus cards seem to do better than the leadtek cards in overclocking and pure performance.

If you look on ORB you will see most of the top 6600GT's are asus cards.

Try get the Asus Extreme model with the 1.6ns ram on them.

The leadtek also has 1.6ns RAM. The Leadtek is also clocked faster than the Asus extreme.

Here's what we have so far:

eVGA has good reliability. (desiboi)

Leadtek and Asus both have 1.6ns RAM. Leadtek is also clocked faster than the Asus extreme. (003)

Asus cards are supposed to be better for overclocking. (neosteve)

Leadtek idles at 37C. (haGGard) [My PNY 5900 idles at 47C, and I have seen it go up to 56C with auto-overclock, via NVtweak.]

eVGA's reliability is not any better than other cards, except if you would get some kind of cheapo brand like Rosewill. I have never had any experience with Asus, but I do know the leadtek is clocked faster (if you get the extreme version) than the Asus one. It also has 1.6ns RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom