What is some good benchmarking software?

willdebeast

Solid State Member
As the title said, I'm just wondering what kinds of benchmarking software is out there, and what are some good ones.

Also, a couple assorted questions that I didn't feel were worth making a whole thread about, #1: Is there a difference between the Athlon and Phenom models of AMD processors? And #2: Is it possible to use a RAID 0 array, but then add another hard drive and make it RAID 1?

Thanks for the help sniperviper.

Cabbs, I don't understand what you're saying, I thought RAID 0 was a single drive working alone, and RAID 1 was two drives backing each other up. So why would RAID 0+1 be 4 drives total?

...I thought RAID 0 was a single drive working alone, and RAID 1 was two drives backing each other up. So why would RAID 0+1 be 4 drives total?

RAID 0 uses 2 drives where the data is stripped alternately across both drives. It's supposed to give a speed increase in read/write tasks but to be fair I will never think RAID 0 is worth the extra speed I might gain and you don't get data redundancy. I have nick-named it AID 0 because of the lack of redundancy in this array. Worthless i'd say although others will disagree.

RAID 1 array also uses 2 drives but the data is mirrored on both drives. What's on one drive is exactly mirrored to the other drive. RAID 1 and above are worthy of the title as RAID 1 and above have some kind of redundancy; if a disk/s fails the data is available on the other/s.

The other arrays use more drives and uses a mixture of both mirroring and alternate striping to increase redundancy.

3d mark vantage

3d mark 06

Super PI

Hard drive tuner

Furmark

Heaven Benchmark

Yep, I've used all of these and they're an excellent set to comprehensively and fairly benchmark your PC ;)
I've always found Super PI particularly good for testing the performance upgrade after over clocking.

Back
Top Bottom