What is SLI?

jashan17

In Runtime
I have just bought parts for a new computer and some of my parts are SLI compatible (motherboard and video card), my memory isnt SLI but i've seen that you can get SLI memory too. How would i go about setting up SLI and what is it? Do i need SLI memory to have SLI?

No, you don't need SLI memory for SLI to work.

Bascially SLI is taking 2 (or three on compatable videocards and motherboards) and hooking them up with a bridge connector (usually provided with the motherboard).

Basically, you just buy a second card with the same core (like 2 8800GTs instead of one 8800 GTS and one 8800GT) and same memory size. Pop them into your computer put on the bridge connector, and maybe update video drivers.

No, you don't need SLI memory for SLI to work.

Bascially SLI is taking 2 (or three on compatable videocards and motherboards) and hooking them up with a bridge connector (usually provided with the motherboard).

Basically, you just buy a second card with the same core (like 2 8800GTs instead of one 8800 GTS and one 8800GT) and same memory size. Pop them into your computer put on the bridge connector, and maybe update video drivers.

So if its 'SLI compatible' it just means that you can bridge two of the same video cards together?

if the mobo is SLI Capable that means that its got 2 pce-16 slots and the write chipster for sli

Back
Top Bottom