What is it with ON HOLD messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I am currently on McAfee's Tech Support. Since it's the week end here, am getting transfered over ot the US Support.

What is it with ON HOLD messages where you have male voice starting first sentence of the paragraph, and the a female voice saying the second sentence.

Like every 30 seconds I am getting :-
MALE VOICE ALL OUR MCAFEE TECH SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVES CURRENTLY SUPPORTING OTHER CUSTOMERS
FEMALE VOICE PLEASE REMAIN ON THE LINE. YOUR CALL WILL BE ANSWERED IN THE ORDER IN WHICH IT WAS RECIEVED.

Followed by
MALE VOICE IF YOU WISH TO LEAVE A MESSAGE PLEASE PRESS ONE!
FEMALE VOICE OTHERWISE PLEASE STAY HOLD FOR OUR NEXT AVALABLE REPRESENTATIVE.

I have noticed this with some other US advertising too. What's the appeal of this? (apart from making me loose my mind)

Supposably, people keep their attention and concentration longer if they hear a voice of the opposite sex.

Thats why in Fighter planes, the "b*tchin' betty" is female, because at the time of recording for the warnings and alarms, only men were allowed to be in the armed forces.

If i heard a woman telling me to pull up, or check engines, I would listen more attentivly than if Microsoft Sam did it.

And I'm sure it has something to do with Women's rights and equality in the workplace etc etc...

wat a way to assert themselves, im not against womens right, infact i think they should be treated as equally if not in higher respect than men, i mean, they do so much more, like.....give birth to us men, our mothers, that is important. anywayz, yeah i've had that with sympatico and rogers.....weird and very annoying.

Yeah and like in Unreal Tournament you can change the annoucement voices too. I prefer the "sexy female" HEAD SHOT... vs. the Male Juggernaut HEATSHOT....

I really don't know, actually. May-be a womens voice is just passive and a males voice is agressive? I have no clue?

HAVOC2k5 said:
Yeah and like in Unreal Tournament you can change the annoucement voices too. I prefer the "sexy female" HEAD SHOT... vs. the Male Juggernaut HEATSHOT....
The normal female voice on UT2k4 is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom