What Is Good About Where You Live?

So, when did the thread become about what's "bad" instead?

I didn't know roads in the West had it bad like that. I thought only third world countries like mine had those!

A beach with ~20C (70F)? I want that. Our (stinky) beaches here get that a couple of weeks a year only :(

Not all roads are like that, SG, but there are always glaring examples of such around.

For me it is Interstate 24 through Chattanooga. While the holes are nowhere near as bad as those foothead shared they are still there and they are multiplying. The overall quality of I-24 through there wasn't great to start with and it is deteriorating. The seams in the road are awful, bad enough to mess up my radio in the car. They are constantly patching it which only seems to make it worse...

Actually, SG, the Interstate system here overall is pretty great, as are the main/major highways.

I didn't know roads in the West had it bad like that. I thought only third world countries like mine had those!

A beach with ~20C (70F)? I want that. Our (stinky) beaches here get that a couple of weeks a year only :(

Even though the I made the thread to be about the good's but you can talk about the bad/negatives SG..

I have never seen a pothole in the states where I travel the roads are all very well maintained and the only trash I see on the roads are in California as I pass through it I try to get through it as quickly as possible.
A few more of the good things about the areas that I live in are the recreation up at the mountain I'm very close to lakes rivers and streams where I can go fishing, kayaking, hunting, hiking, mountain biking, rafting or any other activities like that that I can think of.
In the valley we can go for walks, bike rides, swimming, bocce at the park, tennis, racquetball, handball, frisbee or other Park like sports. And of course we all know what you can do at the beach especially like having a bonfire down on the beach and cooking clams, but there is also really good surf at the point right near where I'm at so you can go out on a boogie board or surfboard anytime.

I could get used to that but hate it when the ground starts shaking out from under me. Always called that state the shaky state. But you are right! Some of the best places in the US are right there. Was there once and they had a 6.? and that was the end of my likes of shaky state. I was at my sisters and i told them never again and to come visit me where i lived!!

That would be my fault. My ability to derail conversations is legendary. I used to be banned from asking questions in high school because of this. Religion class (Catholic school) was particularly bad, as I had the ability to turn the entire class period into a discussion on ethics with a single comment.

New Orleans, or at least the non-predominantly-white areas of New Orleans, might as well be a third-world nation. These types of roads are not common in the rest of the US.

Last edited:
I could get used to that but hate it when the ground starts shaking out from under me. Always called that state the shaky state. But you are right! Some of the best places in the US are right there. Was there once and they had a 6.? and that was the end of my likes of shaky state. I was at my sisters and i told them never again and to come visit me where i lived!!

I don't own any property in California I just have to drive through it to get from one property to another.

New Orleans, or at least the non-predominantly-white areas of New Orleans, might as well be a third-world nation.

Was going to point out that where you live may be a huge factor....

The only thing our government does for the black man is incarcerate them.... at record numbers.

Interesting that we've sent millions of dollars to Iraq in humanitarian aid, but the city of Detroit has received a total $0.

------------------------

I live in Southern Colorado these days. It's beautiful here. I try to drive to our remote offices as much as I can because the drive is just... awe inspiring.

Was going to point out that where you live may be a huge factor....

The only thing our government does for the black man is incarcerate them.... at record numbers.

Interesting that we've sent millions of dollars to Iraq in humanitarian aid, but the city of Detroit has received a total $0.

------------------------

I live in Southern Colorado these days. It's beautiful here. I try to drive to our remote offices as much as I can because the drive is just... awe inspiring.
Not sure where you get your information but I'd question it's accuracy.

You could be face to face with an Alien and you'd probably call it a liar when it told you he came from outer space. Your power of reasoning and critical thinking stack up with a dodo bird.

*That was a personal attack... just so you weren't confused about that one.......

To each other there own thoughts. I love Colorado. I would live there but i would have to be on O2 all the time. As it is i am at low 90% O2 here at 700 foot elevations. Sometime in the next year or two i will be on it anyway, so i might move back into the mountains. I also wouldn't mind living in Alaska! Cold don't bug me as i can breath better in the cold. I am a loner so i would love the isolation that is in Alaska!

Back
Top Bottom