what is different in internet explorer reeendering pages?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
I always liked how IE renders pages but since its not supported by many pages anymore Im forced to switch.
but all other browsers seem to be similar in the way they do it but IE is the only one that is not.

for example IE video window size changes with the browser size and it is much larger than other browsers when maximized.
the letter
the fonts are different
buttons are different
even the colors are slightly different

so any coders here can explain what is different with IE code that makes pages look different from all others.
it has been like that even back in 99 when I was making webpages I optimized them for IE because it looked better in it and everything worked better in it back then

I always liked how IE renders pages but since its not supported by many pages anymore Im forced to switch.
but all other browsers seem to be similar in the way they do it but IE is the only one that is not.

for example IE video window size changes with the browser size and it is much larger than other browsers when maximized.
the letter
the fonts are different
buttons are different
even the colors are slightly different

so any coders here can explain what is different with IE code that makes pages look different from all others.
it has been like that even back in 99 when I was making webpages I optimized them for IE because it looked better in it and everything worked better in it back then

IE used a proprietary engine (Trident) that MS created, that didn't follow web standards - they made up/followed their own standards. This is why web developers hate IE, because they always had to add in checks if the user was using IE vs a standards-conforming browser (Firefox, Opera, Chrome, etc.).

All of that, including the way buttons are drawn, fonts, etc. are due to the engine. Edge replaced IE and started using the EdgeHTML engine (another engine they developed from scratch). However, with the updated Chromium-based Edge, it now runs the Blink engine.

There's lots of engines out there: Blink (Chromium / Chrome / Edge), Webkit (older Chrome builds), Gecko (Firefox) are some examples.

Back
Top Bottom