What is a good Avi player?

VLC Player is the most straightforward, and the most reliable player you can find. I especially like the cropping functionality it has for 16:10 monitors, as it makes good use of your hardware. Performance is excellent, and pixelation is minimal.

DivX player is good too, but there's nothing it can do that VLC can't, and honestly it just takes up more memory, and it's kind of useless.

I use Windows Media Player 11 and VLC Player for all of my entertainment purposes. VLC is my failsafe.

I have Window Media Player 11 and that won't play my AVI files. Does anybody know of a good free avi player. I would like to be able to be able to make the movie I am watching fill my whole screen if the player has that option. Thanks

Uhh this is a dumb question but I am learning here, what are Avi files?

AVI files are a compressed movie file (DIVX) people compress there movies to reduce the file size for uploading on torrents etc. as for not playing the files on WMP11, VLC is fine like Due_se said or just go here http://www.free-codecs.com/ and download the codec pack, KLIGHT is a very good one.

yep as members are saying VLC is a great avi player with video seolution adjusting attributes, aka it will get rid of black borders but people will seem skinnier and taller lol,

also if you do still like WMP 11 which i still do then grab k-lite codec pack like blackjack suggested,

WMP has a nice interface and is great for very basic video watching, VLC is good if you have a file that needs sound / video adjusting while playing

Back
Top Bottom