what in the world...

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
okay now when i turn the computer on, monitor and everything, after the gateway screen thinger goes away and it starts to load windows, the screen is black and there are these tiny colored dots in the shape of lines all along the screen. this has happened a few times and the only way to get it working properly is to turn it off then on again (the computer). any help?

I'm having a similar problem with my son's comp. It seems to be the video card memory may be going bad. Email PNY support with your problem and see what they have to say. They may just issue you an RMA.

it could be...
i don't think its cause i kind of overclocked it a little bit, but this also happened a long time ago before i overclocked it.

Yeah, PNY isn't doesn't have the greatest track record. I've heard a lot about their poor video memory. That's why I recommend everyone to stay away from them, unless you get it for free or for real cheap. ;)

Yeah, if it's under warranty (which it should be), PNY should RMA it for you. Watch out though...PNY is very tricky with warranties. As long as the product is still selling and being manufactured, then only is the warrany in effect. Once PNY discontinues the 7300 GS, you're stuck with buying a new video card as an alternative.

wait can u give me a toll-free number or something, or do they have online chat support? i can't seem to find it...

Hmm I had the same problem like that but it was diffrent. When I booted my computer up on startup it would show weird dots and blueish background.. I was wonding why it does that. So I used my ATi 9200 AGP for like 1 week than I tryed it again and it never did that once after that :)

Back
Top Bottom