What have I missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he will be missed regardless. In a short space of time he posted a lot of good stuff and seemed to make a lot of friends. Of course we use that term loosely on the internet, I mean can we really be friends with someone we have never met anyway?

How do you know who are Mods here, I have never figured that out actually.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

I know he was very unhappy with the merger because they treated him badly at Techist when he went there to try and welcome all of them to the merger. They don't sound like nice people frankly.

I don't think anyone treated him badly but some lost their cool and told him off (in a nice way). Gary's not a bad sort but can be annoying by repeating himself often.

He's in a retirement village and aged that I felt he's lonely and the internet's his world. He praised the forums highly and happy to have friends so I feel bad about what happened to him.

Now his relying on booze for his pains I understand because I was there. When I got my SSI and get medicated I quit drinking because I don't need it anymore. Now I wonder if he's drinking because he can't get medication?

Now you wonder if we can be friends online even though we never meet. I say why not? It's the same with CBers and ham radio.

Now I ask if we are not friends then are we enemies? :rolleyes:

Well I do have to say he will be missed. Before he left he sent me a PM and gave me his email address so we can stay in touch.

If anyone wants his email address, just shoot me a PM. :)

The user was here for about 4 months posted heavily and then took issue with the merger and he was banned forever? That is hardly good treatment. You warn them, then you ban them for a day or 2 to cool off, then maybe a week and when all else fails be gone forever. This sounds to me like once and done and good bye. Let whoever banned him come to this thread and explain how they were fair to him after he he tried to help build this place.

He wasn't banned for his issues with the merger, and he was given warnings and a temp ban before his permanent bans.

If you want to know more you can PM me but we tend not to discuss moderation in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom