What happened to the days

THATS why you have a russian accent, i thought you were born here just with ties to russia not actually born there :p that also explains why your name is so russian, i couldnt see a parent(even a russian native) naming there child such a russian name in america, no offense to the name, that also explains your Steam ID lol guess that explained alot :p

Ven is not that russian of a name.

Now if I was named like Vladimir, it would be a different story.

@ Celegorm: I came from Russia.

I"ll say this too. Trying is the key, if you try, people will be more willing to work with you. I do understand thought that for some people (Elderly and special needs) learning a new language is hard, and I give them some room but the rest of them....

As a side note, best thing I ever saw was a Middle-Eastern family at that culvers. None of the Parents spoke good English. They tried, but couldn't get a cross what they wanted. So their 7 year old daughter started translating. Comon, if a 7 year old can do it, no reason the 20somethings can't. (PS that 7 year old got some free Ice cream)

{Edit} @ Thelis, Cool! Learn something new every day. Way off topic, but is it true there are no police brutality laws there?

how would he have a new york accent?!!? that is totaly russian, a new york accent sounds like a light dutch one :)

just because he lives in new york dosent mean you can gain an accecent

I think Canada is even worse than America. Here we bend our laws to accommodate immigrants who can't speak English and want to continue to practice their homeland's traditions. In the end, it's usually the minorities that have the upper hand over the rest of us. Now that really tends to suck...unless you're a part of a minority (which i am not).

Celegorm, actually it is easier for younger children to learn the language. The younger the better actually. The mind is like a sponge, the younger the more absorbent it is. You pick up languages really fast when you are young.

Rudster: I live in New York city. And no, not brighton beach. I live on 106th and Broadway. Right next to Columbia. So far no complaints of my accent there.

Celegorm, actually it is easier for younger children to learn the language. The younger the better actually. The mind is like a sponge, the younger the more absorbent it is. You pick up languages really fast when you are young.

True, true. But at the same time, it's harder for them to get the resources to go out and learn. It's not like they can drive themselves to a English class.

i bet thelis is off to make his 2k posts thread :p

but when your 7 its easier not because they learn better because when your that young your just learning how to talk so many of your native lanuguaes rules are unfamilar to them so they can break them much easier when speaking a different language, an adult is so use to them its hard to break them.

also english is a very hard language to learn

Back
Top Bottom