What... happend to my lappy screen??

Juice1

Fully Optimized
Wow could anyone tell me why this is happening? One day I just turned on my laptop, and the screen was black. I thought maybe it was frozen since I left it in sleep mode. So I coldbooted it and turned it back on and the screen was still black. After a while I figured out that it was showing a picture but no backlight. So right now i'm running picture off my TV because the built-in screen doesn't work. It's like when you leave your cellphone open and the backlight times out and you see a dark pitcure. Except the backlight never goes on. I opened up the bezel thing to see if maybe the wires that run the backlight were ripped or something. All the wires are fine and the comp works fine. I didn't drop it or anything it was just like that when I opened it. So i'm pretty sure it's not a hardware issue. I probably pressed some combo of keys and turned off the light but idk how to fix it! Help please. I want to watch MTV on my TV now...

hmm... look for the lappys manual.. if you did indeed press a few keys by accident, it should tell you how to fix it... maybe under the troubleshooting guide....

but, if it isnt that, then your lappy might need a new screen... try fixing it with the key combos first, then we will help you from there..

Look accross the top row of keys for one that has the icon of a monitor screen. Try pressing down the alt key and the other key and see if that makes the lap screen come back on. If not then try the Fnc key and the other one. My Toshiba is like that.

Look accross the top row of keys for one that has the icon of a monitor screen. Try pressing down the alt key and the other key and see if that makes the lap screen come back on. If not then try the Fnc key and the other one. My Toshiba is like that.

Yeah man I know what you're talking about... I tried everything and i'm pretty sure it's busted... My mom is just gona take it back to Circuit City this weekend.

Anyone? My mom is making me pay for the repairs... I don't want to do that lol.

It's done. It's fried. Backlight died. How much for repairs?
At Circuit City the repairs are probably going to be $200+

CC is always over priced... IDK yet because my mom is going this weekend.

I should probably go to some local computer repair place and get it done probably like 50 bucks.

IMO small local stores are a much better option. The people usually have much more knowledge in small stores rather than big ones. Also, they won't charge as much because they will want you to keep going to them.

contact the manufacturer see if they will replace it. also see if your laptop has any recalls on it, batterys get recalled a lot, never hurts to get a free battery :p

Back
Top Bottom