what graphic card upgrade??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
I just got COD 2 and when I got it installed I tunred the graphics up figuring my computer could handle it. But i got a really chopy FPS. first how do I check my FPS while playing? and now I am looking for a graphic card upgrade. I have a chaintech geforce 6600 256mb in a PCI express setup. I have a SLI ready mobo. now should I just sli in another card or look into a better single card?? note: I want to crank the graphics and get a good smooth play.

maybe if u want a real improvement u shood look for a betta single card because sli wont give you a huge boost
also there r som mods for games that will tell u ur frame rates

thanks COD2-fanatic, I like how easy fraps is to use, I am getting like 21 FPS LOL withe graphics in pretty poor settings.

and nvdia, I have an AMD 64 3500+, 1gig ram, 300gig HD and card running on 400W PS now to upgrade to a card like a 7900 will I have to get a bigger PS?

400w will do you fine.

evga 7900GT KO is an amazing card. If you can't afford that, get the 7600GT.

Agree with above, but about PSU its all about amps on the 12v+ rail.

-Jo.

to find your fps in cod 2 all you have to do is type "/cg_drawfps 1" in the console(hit the key to the left of 1 to open)

i have a single 7800GTX512. i can play almost every games at maxed setting at 1600x1200 (or sometimes 1280x1024) except CoD2 and FEAR. those 2 games needs 7900GT/GTX SLi'd to get maxed setting (means every options all the way up) at 1600x1200 w/ comfy FPS (50FPS or above). i dunno why but even i get 50+FPS on CoD2, it feels like im only getting 25fps or so...feels like it's flickering. weird. mb thats how the graphic engine was made..not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom