What Good Films You Seen Recently?

Snakes & Ladders is an ancient Indian board game doctored up in the 19th Century to Western standards and designed to test your courage and nerves to the limit. You have a chip on a board and it`s position is governed by the throw a dice. The chip is moved to the count of the dice throw, if it hits a snake - you go down it, if it hits a ladder - you go up it. The more ladders you climb, you win. Not for the squeamish.

It really is a triple "X" cert game and anybody with a heart condition, should not attempt it. Modern whizz-bang, exploding humans films and over indulgent Martial Arts rubbish just cannot compete.

Sounds boring. Sounds like any other board game except it's based on morality. I go outside and climb real ladders at work on incinerator towers 150 feet in the air to check a valve and verify information for haz ops, real adrenaline. Snakes and Ladders has a reputation because it was based on morality, so are so many movies... If you watch them and just see the action, you are missing entirely. Movies are the same as books are the same as games, just presented in a different medium.
Speaking of martial arts films... Anyone seen IP Man? Great movie!

Sounds boring. Sounds like any other board game except it's based on morality. I go outside and climb real ladders at work on incinerator towers 150 feet in the air to check a valve and verify information for haz ops, real adrenaline. Snakes and Ladders has a reputation because it was based on morality, so are so many movies... If you watch them and just see the action, you are missing entirely. Movies are the same as books are the same as games, just presented in a different medium.

Hello Superman, we are becoming real pals eh ?

My reference to Snakes & Ladders was a joke, it is a little kids game, but quoted to equal the BOP-BAM-BANG- BOOM-FLASH of all those childish modern movies, not much better than kiddie-winkles computer games and all that bubbly gum.

I love your reference to the death defying climbing of ladders to a mere table top height of 150 feet - WOW ! I could jump that height using an umbrella.

Well, if that made your ticker hit top notch, try skydiving from 10,000 feet or jumping out of a C130 with 64 other fully equipped para`s at 800 feet like I have done many times over many years. Reckon you may just need a real big pack of diapers then Super.

Made so many jumps that on starting my Rambo career at 23 and 6 foot 2 inches being called Lanky, I ended up many years later at only 5 foot 5 inches being called Shorty.

OK, OK, cut it out. Back on topic.

I'm sorry celegorm, but I have to reply. I understand and accept the resulting consequences.

Made so many jumps that on starting my Rambo career at 23 and 6 foot 2 inches being called Lanky, I ended up many years later at only 5 foot 5 inches being called Shorty.

6'2" - 5'5" = 9"

The most common means of height loss is by way of spinal disc deterioration. The spinal column consists of 23 discs, each being ¼" thick. If all 23 of your spinal discs were completely obliterated by the repeated impact of landings (you must not be very good at landing) that means two things.
-1. You can no longer bend forwards or backwards using your back... well you simply can't use your back.
-2. You shrunk a total of 5¾"

That leaves 3¼" that you mysteriously lost in vertical measurement. Well, that's not possible because bones do not shrink and there is simply not enough cartilage in the remaining joints to total 3¼".

That must mean:

Your spinal discs were not affected by your landing, and you're actually really good at landing, but you had the unfortunate luck of landing on two M14 AP Land-mines, or land-mines of a similar build, and lost 9" of your lower extremities in the resulting detonation.

Either way, sorry bout your luck bro.

--------

Alright, back on topic...

I saw the previews for IP Man but they didn't really entice me so I never paid any attention to it. I think I saw it recently in the available movies on netflix but I'll take a second look and may check that out.

My absolute FAVORITE semi-recent movie is Insidious. The plot has never been done (in the films I've seen at least), it wasn't corny, and the ending (even though I wasn't completely satisfied with it) didn't completely ruin it like most other horror flicks.

No, the only thing stopping me from going sky diving is someone who is actually interested in going and money. I've wanted to go for a long time now.

I assume you are a paratrooper then? I have a friend who is a paratrooper. I was going to do ROTC but I can't (type 1 diabetes).

iPwn, you should check out IP man, I think the main character (not the actor, but the person the story is on) trained Bruce Lee, or one of the best Martial Artists out there. It's a subtitle movie, but it's good.

Back
Top Bottom