What exactly is SLI?

^It says so in the article. You will almost always see increases with SLI, it's going to help. But like someone else said, don't do it. It's better to get a $X card than two $X/2 cards, you will see better performance that way. SLI is for rich people who love to buy two of the latest cards and use them for 3dmark. Or if you have one already and don't want to throw it out or whatever.

Wrong my friend. Backup your statement with benchmarks, and you'll be surprised.

just to give him a hand, first sentence from the link you gave us
NZone said:
NVIDIA® SLI™ technology can be enabled for every gaming application

edit, but like said twice before me, you are best getting one card (8800 GTS 640 comes to mind) then running two mid-range cards in any kind of sli/crossfire hookup.

Read the first line of the link you posted. I also quoted it in mine. :rolleyes:

Plus, contrary to what you posted, as new games are released, they will already be optimized for SLI.

So, guys, suppose i buy a new mobo, which one would be a good budget saver and good peformer? an SLI or a Crossfire?

Are you planning on running two video cards in Crossfire or SLI, or are you just going for a single card solution?

For a single card system, I'd go with an SLI board with an 8800 GT/GTS/GTX/Ultra card depending on your budget.

Back
Top Bottom