What do you think? SCARY or FAKE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergy

Fully Optimized
I'm calling BS, but I'm no chemical engineer. To me it seems like there is no substance that could blow a watermelon up with such a small amount. However, like I said, I'm certainly no expert. The two videos have clearly been tampered with as the frame at 3:24 on the second video is gone in this embedded video. On that frame the explosion comes from the bottom right of the watermelon and the pen is entirely intact. Also, there is no footage of the watermelon pieces exploding.

Here's another (same thing), with some good comments about faking it:

YouTube - Modern Binary Explosive

Here's what Snopes says...undetermined:

snopes.com: Binary Explosive

What are your thoughts?

Naw. Look all the sparks at 3:25, coming from the center of the lemon.

I claim BS. Yes that 'binary' may be powerful. But not that powerful.

Fail. Look what i managed to take a pic of. The pen is intact whilst sparks are coming out of the right side of the melon, whilst 2 holes top left and top right are emmiting smoke. Or so it seems.

BSBinary.png

First off, theres no way an explosion set on the side of an object can explode an object.. That explosion would have no foce due to Newtons second law.. It'd just pop on the side and push the melon over.

[nerd]
Btw, Chemical engineers no nothing of this stuff, and infact do very little chemistry. Theyre more process designers to produce chewmical stuff thats already been designed/invented by chemists...[/nerd]

The pen is one on side, the explosion is on the other. I smell post 9/11 Paranoia Mongering

uhmm yea i call bs too... especially after seeing that pic ^^^

Actually there is a mythbusters episode where they are trying to prove if the James Bond exploding pen thing was real. They claimed they used the most powerful explosive they could use for the pen and it didn't even do much damage...so I doubt anything like this would of happened over a little drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom