What do you think abot Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to disagree with them having the biggest amry in the world... I don't think they have all that much on standby. For a fact I know their air force is just barely staying above water...

There airforce is a bit weird they have lots of old fighters an bombers that are barely capable of making it off the ground but they do have a massive air force capablity they still have a large number of flight worthy fighters an a large number of nuclear capable bombers that are air worthy.

They have a large conscript army but the training is little more than basic (not to be confused with the American Basic Training or the British CMSR) one thing that scares NATO is the fact that they still have the largest tank army in the world the NATO war book is quite clear that if they put 50% of them into the field the combined europiean tank armys world be in serious trouble an if %60 was used in any one engagement Tactical Nuclear weapons would be seriously considered as a option.

The Russian navy is haveing a hard time it costs alot to keep a navy well maintained an able to go to sea an perform a combat operation, but if more funding was put into the resurrection of old ships or the construction of new ones it would be a different story.

They have lots of nuclear plants, just few kilometers from finnish borders! That's why we have to go there and check they are working all right, because Russians don't really care. The plants are far enough away from Moscow.

Also we had to fix the whole sewer system in St. Petersburg.

That worries some other countries to, the last thing Russia needs is a environmental disaster on scale of the Chernobyl disaster* There is a record of Chernobyl disaster in sediments in Lake Windermeer so the Fallout zone is alot larger than most people realise but with reactors being so close to the finish border you problems are alot more imeadiate.

* Chernobyl Ukraine but during the disaster is was part of the USSR.

That worries some other countries to, the last thing Russia needs is a environmental disaster on scale of the Chernobyl disaster* There is a record of Chernobyl disaster in sediments in Lake Windermeer so the Fallout zone is alot larger than most people realise but with reactors being so close to the finish border you problems are alot more imeadiate.

* Chernobyl Ukraine but during the disaster is was part of the USSR.

I lolled when looking some 20 year old finnish files about Chernobyl incident, a scientist was trying to warn people here that its not safe to go outside, few days after the catastrophy, especially when its raining. Our government didn't like that. He was silenced by threatening to end his career.

Well personally i think Russia is a country of extremes, there is the supper rich an the supper poor.

Politically that is a tough one, there is a argument that until the current generation of political leaders is no more there is little hope because they are so use to the communist system. The current Russian PM is trying to push the USA an the rest of NATO by resuming armed nuclear flights over the north pole that just smacks of communist era policy an tactics.

They have one of the largest army's in the world with the worlds second largest nuclear arsenal, but they cannot maintain a large fleet an from what i can ascertain the pay for a conscript is nearly non existent an the training has become sub standard compared to most other nations.

The Russian people who i have met (not many sadly) all seem very nice but they where not a a good cross section of the Russian people.

This is pretty much what i was going to say. Also, stay away from russian sites, they are disease ridden, if you know what i mean.

This is pretty much what i was going to say. Also, stay away from russian sites, they are disease ridden, if you know what i mean.

Using them all my internet browsing life..
and I and my computer is fine :)

How can you visit Russian sites anyway? You probably don't know Russian....
-------------------------
Also about "Russian people you meet"
You understand that the people you meet (in USA for example), is not exactly perfect example of Russians. Those who come to USA isn't the perfect Russians.
I came to USA because of circumstance (I didn't really had such big desire to come here, but I guess its ok), but other a bunch of cheap **** asses who emigrated under pretext of "running away" from Russia. Like they just could not live in Russia. What a BS!!!
People who like life in Russia stay in Russia.

Even for me. All those Russian Communities seem a bit weird and they don't look 100% Russian to me. Different from what I had in my city.
Russia is big too. So.. Doesn't mean that every one will be same.
Just like in USA. North vs South.. etc...

And we have just few good "Russian" friends. Meeting with others usually ended up in disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom