What do you say?

E

entity512

I am gunna build a new system from scratch.

Heres some of the things i shall be placing in:

1X80GB maxtor hdd
1X40 IBM Deskstar hdd
1xTDK DVD+RW
1xMITSUMI CD-RW
1x256 stick of corsair memory (PC3200) + good low latency stuff
1xNewish graphics card (AGP 8x and 128MB) - please recomend??

Now the part where i am stuck is the processor and mobo...

Im sticking with a AMD athlon but what speeds nice and cheap?? Im looking around £60 and the motherboard needs to support my memory and cpu, i like gigabyte.....good/bad? What model???

Help me please, i am completely confused as what parts i should get to build a good gaming and fast system on a budget.

Maxtor harddrives break ALOT-get a western digital or samsung or ibm 7200 rpm. An athlon any where from 1ghz and up is good. I run an 1100 and my system is faster than most 2200's. Utilize cacheing and good maintenence you'll be happy.

well...

Ive already got the maxtor. And my current system has been running smooth with the exact same 80GB dimondmax9. Anyway, thanks! I am stil stuck on the motherboard issue.....

For a tight budget, I'd recommend an athlon xp 2500+ "barton" (80 bucks on newegg.com) and an nforce2 motherboard ($60). I'd also recommend buying a second 256mb stick of ram ($40). The extra ram will give your computer a tremendous speed boost - definitely worth the extra 40 bucks. As for a video card, let me know what your budget is. The radeon 9800 pro, which can be found for $220, is damn fast - almost as fast as the 9800xt (which cost 400 bucks).

camers said:
I am gunna build a new system from scratch.

Heres some of the things i shall be placing in:

1X80GB maxtor hdd
1X40 IBM Deskstar hdd
1xTDK DVD+RW
1xMITSUMI CD-RW
1x256 stick of corsair memory (PC3200) + good low latency stuff
1xNewish graphics card (AGP 8x and 128MB) - please recomend??

Now the part where i am stuck is the processor and mobo...

Im sticking with a AMD athlon but what speeds nice and cheap?? Im looking around £60 and the motherboard needs to support my memory and cpu, i like gigabyte.....good/bad? What model???

Help me please, i am completely confused as what parts i should get to build a good gaming and fast system on a budget.
You asked What do you say ?
I reply What do you know if your completely confussed ?
It doesn't seem like much on doing this.
List your desires to an expert and let him/her build it.
;) :confused:

I want to build it my self, im not getting a 2600 anymore, decided to go for a 2800+ barton core. And for graphics a Radeon 9600 128MB.

Back
Top Bottom